Russia paying Afghan militants a bounty to kill US troops.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ahem, https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/the-trump-presidency.261622/post-10111497

But a topic worthy if it's own thread I reckon, was a major NYT Story t'other day, since confirmed by WaPo, currently we know some 20 US Service Personnel have died since these bounties were offered, stillmtrying to established a definitive link between the two though.

But in a role reversal of the 1980s, Russia has been actively arming the Taliban for several years

Ahem, https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/the-trump-presidency.261622/post-10111497

But a topic worthy if it's own thread I reckon, was a major NYT Story t'other day, since confirmed by WaPo, currently we know some 20 US Service Personnel have died since these bounties were offered, stillmtrying to established a definitive link between the two though.

But in a role reversal of the 1980s, Russia has been actively arming the Taliban for several years

Did consider putting it in another thread, but nothing else seemed appropriate.

Guessing they never watched Charlie's War...

They are funny rumours. Let's wait for official statements and something more than 'Highly likely' (C) PMTM.

Trump buddies up to Putin and turns a blind eye to the bounty-hunting of US soldiers, and Boris accepts loads of Putin's dark money for the Vote Leave campaign, donations to the Tory party, and free holidays from Russian oligarchs, while refusing to publish the Russia report. At least we knew who our enemies were in the cold war.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They are funny rumours. Let's wait for official statements and something more than 'Highly likely' (C) PMTM.
All we need is the official Government denial then we know it's definitely true.

Trump buddies up to Putin and turns a blind eye to the bounty-hunting of US soldiers, and Boris accepts loads of Putin's dark money for the Vote Leave campaign, donations to the Tory party, and free holidays from Russian oligarchs, while refusing to publish the Russia report. At least we knew who our enemies were in the cold war.
Oh please...

I'm shocked I tell the, shocked! Next they'll be telling us the Iranians and Pakistanis have been doing something similar.

Last edited:
Rose Brierley - I bet they had fun overthinking that label up! English Rose but with a thorn. Got poisoned in a maze. Sheesh. Tell the labelling drones they are off the mark

All we need is the official Government denial then we know it's definitely true.
www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/russian-operation-targeted-coalition-troops-in-afghanistan-intelligence-finds/2020/06/26/ac710092-b80f-11ea-9b0f-c797548c1154_story.html
Spokesmen for the National Security Council, the Pentagon, and the CIA declined to comment.
So just now they are fake-news looking allegations made by journalists from The New-York Times.
The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that the story, “illustrates the low intellectual abilities of propagandists from the American intelligence, who instead of inventing something more reliable have to come up with such nonsense... However, what else can be expected from intelligence, which miserably failed the twenty-year war in Afghanistan”
The Taliban denied any involvement.

Slime

LE
Yes, absolutely bloody hilarious rumours.

These same Afghans were kicking the arses of your fellow countrymen some time back.

I’m sure you have watched some of the videos from the period showing Afghans stripping captured Russian troops before disfiguring them and killing them.

Perhaps you were visualising the terror on those Russian conscripts faces, who knew they were about to die..........as you decided ‘funny’ was the correct term for your own country paying money to the very same people who previously butchered and murdered your countrymen.

37ucv67i

War Hero
I’m sure you have watched some of the videos from the period showing Afghans stripping captured Russian troops before disfiguring them and killing them.

Perhaps you were visualising the terror on those Russian conscripts faces, who knew they were about to die..........as you decided ‘funny’ was the correct term for your own country paying money to the very same people who previously butchered and murdered your countrymen.
It is heartening to know the UK would never have stooped to supporting those butchers.

Slime

LE
It is heartening to know the UK would never have stooped to supporting those butchers.
Is it?
Or, is it just the case that supporting them wasn’t ‘funny’ or something just to be dismissed purely because a troll needs to defend their own side?

Having seen KGBs previous claims of rumour after the Salisbury Novichock case, or the MH17 shootdown, or even his denial of the US cruise missile strike on a Syrian airbase he is merely trotting out a troll line.

Skipping forward to around the 19:30 point in this very tame vid, it doesn’t matter to me whether those troops being executed were Soviet conscripts or Westerners, they were executed just the same, but with the trolls it will always be: fake, rumour, theory or lie if any blame is apportioned towards Russia.

Last edited:
Your evidence for this is where exactly?

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Rose Brierley - I bet they had fun overthinking that label up! English Rose but with a thorn. Got poisoned in a maze. Sheesh. Tell the labelling drones they are off the mark
Roses don't have thorns, they have prickles - which seems quite appropriate