Russia may unveil new super-tank in summer 2010

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Mar 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20100326/158314386.html

2. Get the Chinese to make it for you and keep it over that part of the world.
    john

3. ideal for suppressing all those bolshie Ukrainians

4. A new tank, eh? Are Putin and his glove puppet looking to take back Poland some time soon??

5. Poland? It is a member of NATO that is much stronger than Russia military. So it is impossible even in theory. Also what would be a practical purpose to invade Poland? The Poles pay market price for oil and gas without delays.

As for the new tanks then I believe that some countries (China, Saudi Arabia, Emirates, Iran, Venezuela, Libya, Syria and so on) would like to buy them.

6. Why? that's like a Lottery winner buying a Lada!

7. You could always do a deal with the Germans in secret to share Poland and the three Baltic States between yourselves and thus cut down on oil/gas transit charges and remove the need for NordStream.

How about a 75th anniversary of this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Another Russian piece of shitski 'Kharkov Khonvertible'…

9. When they say new do they mean a facelift on a T-72 as per usual?

10. It will only be any good if their spies have managed to steal the secrets to British armour (which they try and do all the time, along with the yellow peril of the east).

11. It looks like it's going to be another thin skinned T-72 variant with an unmanned turret this time and relying on ERA as always to protect it.

12. Removed. Semper beat me to it.

13. It is a history now. The UK had many colonies but what does it mean from practical point of view?

Does it mean that Great Britain plans to invade Iraq?

14. I thought the numerical designation, T55, T64, T72, T80, T84 and T90 were the year the tank programme was begun, so this one would be T10 or T210?

15. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Just like your invasion of Poland. Except we didn't leave 50 years later...... :)