Russia may unveil new super-tank in summer 2010

#1
http://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20100326/158314386.html

Russia's new main battle tank (MBT), the T-95, could be exhibited for the first time at an arms show in the Urals Region this summer, the developer and future manufacturer of the tank has said.

The development of the new tank dubbed "Item 195" began at the Uralvagonzavod design bureau in the early 1990s. Russia will become the first country in the world to have the 5th-generartion MBT if the military commissions the vehicle.

"The work on the project has been conducted for many years. If the government gives us a 'green light' we will exhibit the tank at the [Russian Expo Arms 2010] arms show in Nizhny Tagil this summer," general director of the Uralvagonzavod plant Oleg Siyenko told RIA Novosti in an exclusive interview.

"I cannot disclose the characteristics of the tank, but I can assure you that we have met all the requirements put forward by the military," he said.

According to unofficial sources, the T-95 will feature better firepower, maneuverability, electronics and armor protection than Russia's latest T-90 MBT or comparable foreign models.
...
The new tank may be equipped with a 152-mm smoothbore gun capable of firing guided missiles with a range of 6,000-7,000 meters.

In contrast to existing designs, the gun will be located in a remotely-controlled turret to improve 3-men crew survivability.
 
#3
ideal for suppressing all those bolshie Ukrainians
 
#4
A new tank, eh? Are Putin and his glove puppet looking to take back Poland some time soon??
 
#5
FourZeroCharlie said:
A new tank, eh? Are Putin and his glove puppet looking to take back Poland some time soon??
Poland? It is a member of NATO that is much stronger than Russia military. So it is impossible even in theory. Also what would be a practical purpose to invade Poland? The Poles pay market price for oil and gas without delays.

As for the new tanks then I believe that some countries (China, Saudi Arabia, Emirates, Iran, Venezuela, Libya, Syria and so on) would like to buy them.
 
#6
KGB_resident said:
FourZeroCharlie said:
A new tank, eh? Are Putin and his glove puppet looking to take back Poland some time soon??
Poland? It is a member of NATO that is much stronger than Russia military. So it is impossible even in theory. Also what would be a practical purpose to invade Poland? The Poles pay market price for oil and gas without delays.

As for the new tanks then I believe that some countries (China, Saudi Arabia, Emirates, Iran, Venezuela, Libya, Syria and so on) would like to buy them.
Why? that's like a Lottery winner buying a Lada!
 
#7
KGB_resident said:
FourZeroCharlie said:
A new tank, eh? Are Putin and his glove puppet looking to take back Poland some time soon??
Poland? It is a member of NATO that is much stronger than Russia military. So it is impossible even in theory. Also what would be a practical purpose to invade Poland? The Poles pay market price for oil and gas without delays.
You could always do a deal with the Germans in secret to share Poland and the three Baltic States between yourselves and thus cut down on oil/gas transit charges and remove the need for NordStream.

How about a 75th anniversary of this:

 
#8
Another Russian piece of shitski 'Kharkov Khonvertible'…
 
#10
It will only be any good if their spies have managed to steal the secrets to British armour (which they try and do all the time, along with the yellow peril of the east).
 
#11
Dread said:
It will only be any good if their spies have managed to steal the secrets to British armour (which they try and do all the time, along with the yellow peril of the east).

It looks like it's going to be another thin skinned T-72 variant with an unmanned turret this time and relying on ERA as always to protect it.
 
#13
whitecity said:
How about a 75th anniversary of this
It is a history now. The UK had many colonies but what does it mean from practical point of view?

Does it mean that Great Britain plans to invade Iraq?
 
#14
I thought the numerical designation, T55, T64, T72, T80, T84 and T90 were the year the tank programme was begun, so this one would be T10 or T210?
 
#15
KGB_resident said:
whitecity said:
How about a 75th anniversary of this
It is a history now. The UK had many colonies but what does it mean from practical point of view?

Does it mean that Great Britain plans to invade Iraq?
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Just like your invasion of Poland. Except we didn't leave 50 years later...... :)
 
#16
It may be super duper but can it withstand a Javelin, tanks are great but no gas no танковый корпус
 
#18
whitecity said:
You could always do a deal with the Germans in secret to share Poland and the three Baltic States
Yes, they should've taken Britain and France as an example, when they openly dismembered Czechoslovakia in favour of Hitler's Germany and Poland, and later colluded with Hitler allowing him to finish off Poland so he can continue Eastward.
 
#19
Domovoy said:
whitecity said:
You could always do a deal with the Germans in secret to share Poland and the three Baltic States
Yes, they should've taken Britain and France as an example, when they openly dismembered Czechoslovakia in favour of Hitler's Germany and Poland, and later colluded with Hitler allowing him to finish off Poland so he can continue Eastward.
Err... actually as soon as Hitler wanted to take a chunk out of Poland, the Poles were backed up by Britain and France.

Take into account that Germany had been rearming for nearly 5 years, Russia had just finished off purging the Officer's and Britain and France were starting to realise the mad boxhead might just be after World Domination.
 
#20
Majorpain said:
Err... actually as soon as Hitler wanted to take a chunk out of Poland, the Poles were backed up by Britain and France.

Take into account that Germany had been rearming for nearly 5 years, Russia had just finished off purging the Officer's and Britain and France were starting to realise the mad boxhead might just be after World Domination.
Before the Munich Agreement Hitler could've been stopped. Stalin made few appeals to Britain, France and Poland, but they were not interested in anti-Hitler coalition. US was supporting Hitler economically and financially; Britain, US, Poland and France were supporting Hitler politically and also gave him the most valuable areas of Czechoslovakia to make possible his push towards the USSR.

Poor naive Poland thought it was in the same club with the then world's powers... Yet it was only a pawn that Britain and France sacrificed as they sacrificed Czechoslovakia to feed Hitler's agression.

"On July 29 1939, Charles Roden Buxton of the Labour Party fulfilled a secret mission for Prime Minister Chamberlain to the German Embassy. The following plan was elaborated:

“Great Britain would express her willingness to conclude an agreement with Germany for a delimitation of spheres of interest ....

1) Germany promises not to interfere in British Empire affairs.

2) Great Britain promises fully to respect the German spheres of interest in Eastern and Southeastern Europe. A consequence of this would be that Great Britain would renounce the guarantees she gave to certain States in the German sphere of interest. Great Britain further promises to influence France to break up her alliance with the Soviet union and to give up her ties in Southeastern Europe.

3) Great Britain promises to give up the present negotiations for a pact with the Soviet Union.” (taken from Avalon Project)
 

Latest Threads

Top