Russia laws ban 'disrespect' of government and 'fake news'

Slime

LE
Everybody should follow the Law but I strongly doubt that HM the Queen could be even in theory stopped and searched, that mrs.May and members of HMG could be stopped and searched (being randomly selected).
Diplomats can not be stopped and searched anyway.
I mean that there are exceptions. Official guest of British Parliament is not just a random stranger. His treatment should be different, respectful - if you understand what do I mean.

Sadly for your agenda the police here couldn't care less about the Russian you keep mentioning over and over. He's a 'nobody' and of no importance whatsoever, so was no less likely to be stopped and searched that anyone else fitting the criteria to be stopped and searched. Lots of people are guests in parliament everyday, he was no different.

You may feel this Russian was somehow different to anyone else in the area, but that's just pro Russian delusion.

As for you silly attempt to bring the queen into this, you will have heard and seen that her husband The Duke of Edinburgh was recently involved in a car crash. He and the other driver were both breathylised, and both treated the same by the police.

I fully realise you want to divert from this latest Russian erosion of freedom, but pretending a 45 second stop and search in the uk is anything like being bundled into a police can and removed from the streets like happens in your own country but it is a very weak effort on your part.

Last edited:

Slime

LE
Meanwhile, and despite KGB's best efforts to pretend he understands UK stop and search, but then go into whataboutery mode and use phrases like 'in theory', and while he is doing his very best NOT to talk about this possible new Russian law ..................

Back in Russia there isn't that much online discussion and people may be wondering how much more they will now need to watch their backs, or what external news or info sites may disappear within Russia

Slime

LE
@KGB_resident

Will worldwide respected organisations like the BBC still be viewable inside Russia if the new laws are passed?

As an example, while Russians are fully aware that the Russian state rigged the election that returned Putin as president, and it was known in advance that the voting would be rigged* organisations like the BBC are happy to show the vote rigging, so would be seen as critical of Putin.

*Bearing in mind that YOU say your government are crooks and thieves it's not really a surprise they rigged the vote.

Slime

LE
As KGB is saying Mr Margelov isn't a criminal shouldn't we press him to explain why he says that?

Surely he would make such a statement about someone unless he knew them well enough to vouch for their character!

It's somewhat amusing to see KGB label people as crooks, drug dealers, businessmen, chavs, innocent, honest, tourists or law abiding as though his labels 'are fact'.
And somewhat odd when it's considered that his views can change completely and that he is labelling people he doesn't know and has never met.

Do you not understand the idea of a random stop and search? Do you think they only 'randomly' target criminals?

Or perhaps you simply don't understand how the police operate in a democracy where nobody is above the law. You certainly don't seem to understand anything related to the incident or police stop and search powers.

Edited to clarify: The Queen is technically above the law because she represents the pinnacle of the British justice system. However, the Royal Family is not above the law.
Sir, first of all, please, don't use 'you don't understand it' argument. My intellect is sufficiently developed to comprehend the terms that you mention.
There is another term - common sense and I'm absolutely sure that you understand what it means and how it can be applied.
According to the common sense any 'Stop and search' operation is directed against potential terrorists, criminals. If this or that way the police establish that a person in question is undoubtely not a terrorist or criminal then there is ground to continue 'stop and search' operation - at least not to waste time that can be used to detect real terrorists or criminals.
I understand that in theory PMs, members of HMG, gererals of MH armed forces, the Royals could be subjected to stop and search procedure by the Police. But have you heard about even one such a case?
As for the term hospitality then I'm sure that you understand its meaning. If British Parliament invites high ranked foreign officials that he (she) should be treated with respect and not subjected to humiliating stop and search procedures.

Slime

LE
Sir, first of all, please, don't use 'you don't understand it' argument. My intellect is sufficiently developed to comprehend the terms that you mention.
There is another term - common sense and I'm absolutely sure that you understand what it means and how it can be applied.
According to the common sense any 'Stop and search' operation is directed against potential terrorists, criminals. If this or that way the police establish that a person in question is undoubtely not a terrorist or criminal then there is ground to continue 'stop and search' operation - at least not to waste time that can be used to detect real terrorists or criminals.
I understand that in theory PMs, members of HMG, gererals of MH armed forces, the Royals could be subjected to stop and search procedure by the Police. But have you heard about even one such a case?
As for the term hospitality then I'm sure that you understand its meaning. If British Parliament invites high ranked foreign officials that he (she) should be treated with respect and not subjected to humiliating stop and search procedures.
Your posts very clearly show that:

You don’t understand how stop and search works

Or

You do, but you are simply telling lies and posting as though you don’t understand it.

The reality is that just like you say you understand Putin better than posters from Britain that posters from Britain understand stop and search far better than you in Russia.

Bore off you nonce .

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
If you understand the arguments then you are doing a good job of hiding this. You showed that you don't understand stop and search, you showed that you don't understand body searches, you showed that you don't understand random searches, and you showed that you don't understand the law in the UK and how it is applied.

If you do understand then you must be deliberately lying here to pretend otherwise.

Again - you do not understand how random stop and searches work. They are not targeted against people who look suspicious - that would be targeted searches which are a different thing entirely. They are random - every fourth person, everyone who triggers a random red light when pressing a buzzer, whatever the criteria. They are random. Random is not 'he looks like a terrorist', 'he is black', or 'he looks Russian'.

You begin your post saying that you understand and then comprehensively demonstrate a lack of understanding.

I'm also interested to learn how you believe a terrorist is identified. Should they have brown skin and be carrying a round black 'bomb'. Should they have a broad Irish accent and wear a balaclava? Should they be Russian and express a desire to visit a cathedral city? Do Russian criminals all carry ID badges which identify them as such? Indeed, are no Russian politicians criminals?

Unless the police are carrying out a random stop and search operation and the MP or Royal walks through, the only occasion that they would be stopped and searched is if the police had reasonable grounds to suspect that they were carrying something illegal. Yes, it happens.

Tory MP stopped and searched by police for taking photos of cycle path
Jacob Rees-Mogg reveals he was stopped and searched by police
New Forest MP stopped and searched by police says: we need more officers | Advertiser and Times

Incidentally, MPs and Generals get searched in the same way anyone else every time they enter a sensitive area. There are no exceptions to these searches.

Hospitality does not mean being above the law. The British Parliament invites lots of people to be their guests, your politician is nothing special.

Slime

LE
While KGB is bluffing and blustering about UK stop and search in a bid to avoid talking about the thread subject, he will of course be avoiding talking about just how much worse a police search in Russia can be.

He talks about important Russians but of course wouldn’t want to talk about important Russians who have lived in fear of being searched or framed if they fall foul of the Kremlin.

When you consider people like Oleg Gordievski were in fear of having their flat searched, or having radioactive powder sprinkled on their doormats that was in a whole different league to UK police asking where you might be going, and perhaps a British person having to spend 30 seconds to one minute on a stop and search!

It’s not surprising at all that KGB hasn’t bothered to mention that under the ‘humiliating’ stop and search as he describes it, that a pedestrian stopped doesn’t even have to give their name or address.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
While KGB is bluffing and blustering about UK stop and search in a bid to avoid talking about the thread subject, he will of course be avoiding talking about just how much worse a police search in Russia can be.

He talks about important Russians but of course wouldn’t want to talk about important Russians who have lived in fear of being searched or framed if they fall foul of the Kremlin.

When you consider people like Oleg Gordievski were in fear of having their flat searched, or having radioactive powder sprinkled on their doormats that was in a whole different league to UK police asking where you might be going, and perhaps a British person having to spend 30 seconds to one minute on a stop and search!

It’s not surprising at all that KGB hasn’t bothered to mention that under the ‘humiliating’ stop and search as he describes it, that a pedestrian stopped doesn’t even have to give their name or address.
He has already admitted that those in power in Russia are not subject to the same laws as the rest of the population.

He has not addressed the facts of PACE, even though I posted a link further upthread and an 'idiot's guide' to Stop and Search as provided by Release.

He has consistently claimed to understand how Stop and Search works yet demonstrated in the same post that he does not.

He hasn't even tried to engage with any discussion over the implications of new Russian laws to prevent criticism of Putin. Instead, he has unsuccessfully attempted to show how 'everyone does it', in the same manner as he has done every single time Russia is criticised.

The Troll Factory must be pushing for delaying tactics on online forums while they desperately hunt for a way to show how these new laws will actually benefit the average Russian and the protests against them are all down to foreign agents and Muslim terrorists.

Slime

LE
He has already admitted that those in power in Russia are not subject to the same laws as the rest of the population.

He has not addressed the facts of PACE, even though I posted a link further upthread and an 'idiot's guide' to Stop and Search as provided by Release.

He has consistently claimed to understand how Stop and Search works yet demonstrated in the same post that he does not.

He hasn't even tried to engage with any discussion over the implications of new Russian laws to prevent criticism of Putin. Instead, he has unsuccessfully attempted to show how 'everyone does it', in the same manner as he has done every single time Russia is criticised.

The Troll Factory must be pushing for delaying tactics on online forums while they desperately hunt for a way to show how these new laws will actually benefit the average Russian and the protests against them are all down to foreign agents and Muslim terrorists.
There is an amusing upside to the new laws if they are introduced, and while not a new thing, it is something that successive dictators or failing leaders have failed to learn from.

If disrespectful items or points of view are banned in a country then eventually the leaders are shown to be weak or the reasons that things like GDP being low are seen as the leaders fault.

If external negative opinions aren’t shown then the population will and do assume the government are to blame for any ills.

I am reminded of the first gulf war whereby Sadam and Comical Ally wouldn’t admit to any external issues and just kept saying Iraq was strong.........kind of like Russia stronk :)

Are you still going on about a point that has been repeatedly responded to for 13 years? Just remember Boxer, four legs good, two legs better.

I suppose anything rather than answer queries about the new laws, how it affects 'real Russians' and not the exemptions the troll factory are given.

The law is common for everybody but there are different procedures of its application.
In Russia there are speacial procedures to detain MPs, Judges, Prosecutors. To detain an MP police should get a decision of the Parliament that revokes parliamentary immunity. To detain high ranked judges or prosecutors police should have the Supreme Court decision.
Resently senator Arashukov was detained and criminal case was opened. He organised political killings, was involded in theft, corruption. He was detained in the Parliament and proper procedure was observed - strictly according to the law.
My observations on the Arashukov affair, the likes of him in the Federal Council and your comments are:

How on earth did he ever get to be a member of the council and why did it take so long to arrest him? According to this:

The Dramatic Arrest of a Russian Senator on Murder Charges Is No Laughing Matter

The murders he's accused of were known before he became a council member.

The murders that Arashukov is being accused of were committed in 2010 and witnesses attested to Arashukov’s involvement before his election to the Senate in 2016. Which means thаt when Arashukov was reviewed by the special services, information on the murders must have come their attention.
So if he's being arrested now after it is likely many knew of his involvement, then there's more to it than simply it being a criminal case. More of getting rid of enemies or it's now convenient to do so.

Secondly, why on earth have a system where the law makers have immunity from the law by being a lawmaker? I can see that immunity can be removed, but it seems only if Putin and his soliviki wish it. The system is so open to corruption.

Third, how is it that someone who claims to have a poor grasp of Russian become a lawmaker in the Russian Federation Council? But I can guess why. Favours for favours, maybe?

Rauf Arashukov charged with three articles

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
If any proof were needed that Russian MPs should not have legal immunity, let's recall the case of Andrei Lugovoi, who is a prime suspect in the Polonium poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko in the UK back in 2006.

In the face of overwhelming evidence of being a murderer, Russia made him an MP.

Litvinenko suspects Lugovoi and Kovtun

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Looking into my crystal ball, I foresee overseers at a St. Petersburg address instructing computer users to bring up the subject of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

Once again you are showing that you do not understand. Clearly your intellect is struggling to grasp this reality.

There is no evidence that he was not treated with respect, there is no evidence he was humiliated. There is clear evidence he was not given preferrential treatment.

It seems that your intellect is unable to grasp that Russians, Russian MPs and your comrades do not deserve or get preferrential treatment in the UK when it comes to the law. It may be what you expect in Russia, but that's your unfair and undemocratic problem to live with.

And, secondly, being a Russian MP seems like an excellent justification for a targetted stop and search... As one previous KGB_resident posted, "they are all crooks and thieves".

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I wonder if calling the Russian president a liar and a gangster is “disrespecting the government.”
In which case one of our resident trolls might be soon be knocking on our door claiming asylum. Then spending his life not at all in fear, because Russian agents never murder dissidents in exotic and imaginative ways.
yes.

@Plant-Pilot

Piece from i Newspaper last week, byline Oliver Carroll :

Russia

Man fined £365 for criticising Putin

Russian man fined £365 for calling Putin ‘fantastical f***head’ in first use of new censorship law

A 34-year-old man has become the first Russian to fall foul of new legislation banning “disrespect” of government officials after labelling President Vladimir Putin a “fantastical f***head”.
The controversial law had been in place for just two days before a regional judge fined the equivalent of £365 for a post criticising the country’s leader.

Unfortunately for the Kremlin, the offending phrase has now become the only thing people are talking about

Within a day of Monday’s decision, an online flashmob had broken out in support of the offender, Yuri Kartyzhev, who is a resident of a small town in the Novgorod region.

The collective Russian internet’s quicker wits said they were interested to know where Kartyzhev had gone wrong: perhaps Putin was not a fantastical f***head, but a real one?

Apparently the subsequent re-circulation of the original insult would by now have generated an additional £870,000 in fines ....

For those who dip an infinitely cautious toe in the 'cesspit' of social media, the Twitter hashtag is apparently

#Putinisafantasticalfúckhead
#yurikartyzhev

In the spirit of scientific enquiry, an example here:

[B]Barko Barner ⚡️[/B]‏ @[B]Barko_Barner[/B] Apr 25
More
.@KremlinRussia_E @RusEmbUSA @Russia @MedvedevRussiaE Vladimir Putin is a fantastical fuckhead. Laws designed to increase Putin’s ego are idiotic and only serve to show how small Putin’s penis really is.

In your own time....go on :-D

Last edited: