Russia laws ban 'disrespect' of government and 'fake news'

Which part of ‘carrying out stop and search in a high risk area’ do you not understand?body search of
I understand everything.
I repeat that if it would be me then - no problem.
I also understand that customs in respect to hospitality in Russia and in the UK are different.
Police in the UK following British version of hospitality believe that it is possible to conduct body search of official guest of British parliament.

I make a conclusion - if even high ranking guest of British Parliament can be stopped and searched then this procedure can be performed at will toward anybody, including protesters.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
If it would be me then no problem. Foreigner should follow local laws and procedures unconditionally.
But mr.Margelov was official guest of British parliament and FCO representative confirmed his identity. She even protested to body search. It looks as the Police in the UK are state in state.
He was randomly selected for a stop and search, not a 'body search' as you originally posited and repeated. A body search is a different thing altogether.

It doesn't matter what his identify, he had been randomly selected for a stop and search. MPs and the FCO officials themselves are just as liable for such searches.

All you are doing here is reinforcing that you do not understand what you are talking about.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
I understand everything.
I also understand that customs in respect to hospitality in Russia and in the UK are different.
Police in the UK following British version of hospitality believe that it is possible to conduct body search of official guest of British parliament.

I make a conclusion - if even high ranking guest of British Parliament can be stopped and searched then this procedure can be performed at will toward anybody, including protesters.
Who do you think should be above the law then?

I understand everything.

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe - Wikipedia

It was his bad luck and Police are supposed to act without fear or favour.

If sir Ian Blair apologised and HMG said that such an incided is unacceptable and nothing similar will happen in the future then - it would remain just a funny mistake.
But as I understand similar case could happen in the future. Why not?
To be fair, it was probably just a Met bobby trying to keep his quotas straight. You can't just stop young black guys; every now and again you need a middle-aged white guy to keep the numbers right.

Everybody should follow the Law but I strongly doubt that HM the Queen could be even in theory stopped and searched, that mrs.May and members of HMG could be stopped and searched (being randomly selected).
Diplomats can not be stopped and searched anyway.
I mean that there are exceptions. Official guest of British Parliament is not just a random stranger. His treatment should be different, respectful - if you understand what do I mean.

Everybody should follow the Law but I strongly doubt that HM the Queen could be even in theory stopped and searched, that mrs.May and members of HMG could be stopped and searched (being randomly selected).
I mean that there are exceptions. Official guest of British Parliament is not just a random stranger. His treatment should be different, respectful - if you understand what do I mean.
No. The queen is the law and cannot be stopped and searched. Accredited diplomats enjoy the same privilege. Everyone else is fair game...everyone!

You reside within a Nations borders, you abide by that nations laws. Even Diplomatic Immunity has its limits and can be revoked in the face of sufficient evidence of a crime.

Although, the last time somebody attempted an arrest of MPs within Parliament..... it didn't end so well.

There should be nobody who exists 'above the law' and those who enforce the laws of the land should both hold them selves and be held to the highest expectations and standards of behaviour.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Though Juvenal likely refered to marital loyalty and fidelity when he wrote it, it does however have some relevance to it all. The Government and it's law enforcement agencies must be held to their oaths and duties and brought to task for failings. If they step out of line or prey upon those under their influence then they should and must be dragged before justice.

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe - Wikipedia

It was his bad luck and Police are supposed to act without fear or favour.
Initially mr.Margelov could be selected randomly but his identity was established and confirmed. So there was a reason to interrupt stop and search procedure and choose another person.
What was the reason to frisk mr.Margelov? Did the policemen understand that he is not crimianal?
Or maybe the UK is police state? Where police is not accountable.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
He was not a diplomat and therefore had no diplomatic immunity.

If those he was a guest of are not above the law and are liable to be stopped and searched, why do you think he should have been treated differently to then?

Why do you suppose he was not treated with respect, or do you think being ask to comply with local laws is 'disrespectful'?

I think it perfectly illustrates the way that Russian officials feel to be above the law that you and the Russian press appear to be amazed that a Russian politician should have been asked to submit to a random and perfectly lawful stop and search whilst in the area of an ongoing police operation.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
What was the reason to frisk mr.Margelov? Did the policemen understand that he is not crimianal?
Do you not understand the idea of a random stop and search? Do you think they only 'randomly' target criminals?

Or perhaps you simply don't understand how the police operate in a democracy where nobody is above the law. You certainly don't seem to understand anything related to the incident or police stop and search powers.

Edited to clarify: The Queen is technically above the law because she represents the pinnacle of the British justice system. However, the Royal Family is not above the law.

Last edited:
Initially mr.Margelov could be selected randomly but his identity was established and confirmed. So there was a reason to interrupt stop and search procedure and choose another person.
What? This isn’t Soviet Russia where the two legged pigs are bowed and scraped to. He gets treated the same. ‘Without fear or favour’
As I asked before, which part of ‘stop and search in a high risk area’ do you not understand?
Stop being silly. You’ve used your 15 year old ‘whataboutery’ again. Now let’s back to talking about the ‘crooks and thieves’ whose every single foreign policy you have supported to the ‘nth degree.

I think Putin’s ‘crooks and thieves’ deserve ‘disrespect’, don’t you? Do you have any examples of what they consider ‘disrespect’?

We all know if they really wanted to stop ‘fake news’ they’d turn off RT, Sputnik and your entire troll farms.

The law is common for everybody but there are different procedures of its application.
In Russia there are speacial procedures to detain MPs, Judges, Prosecutors. To detain an MP police should get a decision of the Parliament that revokes parliamentary immunity. To detain high ranked judges or prosecutors police should have the Supreme Court decision.
Resently senator Arashukov was detained and criminal case was opened. He organised political killings, was involded in theft, corruption. He was detained in the Parliament and proper procedure was observed - strictly according to the law.

The law is common for everybody but there are different procedures of its application.
Ah, the old ‘some are more equal than others’? Carry on Boxer

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
In Russia there are speacial procedures to detain MPs, Judges, Prosecutors. To detain an MP police should get a decision of the Parliament that revokes parliamentary immunity. To detain high ranked judges or prosecutors police should have the Supreme Court decision.
Resently senator Arashukov was detained and criminal case was opened. He organised political killings, was involded in theft, corruption. He was detained in the Parliament and proper procedure was observed - strictly according to the law.
In other words one law for those in charge, and one law for the rest.

And you have the nerve to criticise the British legal system?

And you have the nerve to criticise the British legal system?
Criticises our legal system whilst watching his own sink to the bottom of the pond.

On the other hand, nicely diverts the thread away from the subject of discussion.

Is there a form of judicial review on this disrespect law?

If not, they are in trouble.

I understand everything.
Clearly, you don't.

Russians guests of Parliament are not an exception. As far as l'm concerned he's a random person being treated exactly as he should.

What reason? Why should Margelov get a free pass? He doesn't deserve one. It is your mistaken belief that he is special that is the problem here.

What was the reason to frisk mr.Margelov? Did the policemen understand that he is not crimianal? Or maybe the UK is police state? Where police is not accountable.
The policeman has no idea who Margeliv was and is. Do you think British policeman are watching Kremlin TV all day learning the faces??? The FCO handler has no authority. His/her words are just a plea to avoid bad PR.

And you've said it yourself, Kremlin, Moscow and Russia is full of crooks and thieves.

Last edited:
Of course it is, why do you think he should not be subject to the same rules as every other person in the country?

Of course it is, why do you think he should not be subject to the same rules as every other person in the country?
1) KGB_resident is Russian. Like all Russians he thinks he and his comrades are superior and deserving of preferrential treatment.

2) Because of its dreadful image, when people who the Kremlin thinks are important visit Russia, they get preferrential treatment. It's a PR stunt. Look what wonderful hosts we are! Such grovelling to garner brownie points is considered normal in Russia and thus Russians assume it is done everywhere.