Russia laws ban 'disrespect' of government and 'fake news'

From the masters of 'fake news'. I can well imagine their idea of 'fake news', pretty much the same as Trump's, anything that disagrees with the 'official line', as does a ban on disrespecting the government.

Russia bans 'disrespect' of government

I have a hunch that some Russian trolls will be along soon to defend the new legislation once they have worked out how to square that particular circle.

I'm sure you're right.

I wonder if calling the Russian president a liar and a gangster is “disrespecting the government.”
In which case one of our resident trolls might be soon be knocking on our door claiming asylum. Then spending his life not at all in fear, because Russian agents never murder dissidents in exotic and imaginative ways.

I wonder if calling the Russian president a liar and a gangster is “disrespecting the government.”
In which case one of our resident trolls might be soon be knocking on our door claiming asylum. Then spending his life not at all in fear, because Russian agents never murder dissidents in exotic and imaginative ways.
Well, that’s cheered me up, no end.

Yokel

LE
Just wait until the Corbynite brownshirts aka Momentum get hold of this.ARRSE will very very quiet when most of us are in the gulag or being lined up and shot, or worked to death on collective farms trying to prove nature wrong?

Thoughtcrime is doubleplusungood.

offog

LE
It will be very difficult for the opposition parties (do they still exist in Russia now) to debate actions by the Russian government.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
IMHO always a sign that a dictatorship is moving to the defensive, and with luck is ultimately doomed, imploding by reason of inherent national mismanagement.

IMHO always a sign that a dictatorship is moving to the defensive, and with luck is ultimately doomed, imploding by reason of inherent national mismanagement.
Are you describing Putin's Russia, Trump's USA or both?

From the masters of 'fake news'. I can well imagine their idea of 'fake news', pretty much the same as Trump's, anything that disagrees with the 'official line', as does a ban on disrespecting the government. Russia bans 'disrespect' of government
Are you describing Putin's Russia, Trump's USA or both?
Yes, unfortunately Trump's White House plays directly into the Muscovite way of thinking:
U.S. Cancels Journalist’s Award Over Her Criticism of Trump

Government of Crooks and Thieves threatens to punish those who dare to call them crooks and thieves.
I wonder only why they haven't passed such a law previously.

Government of Crooks and Thieves threatens to punish those who dare to call them crooks and thieves.
Might be safer for you to delete this Sergey. Unless some cad quotes you of course.

Thankyou for your input there. It is good to know that even Russian trolls think that this latest oppression is just a tad too much.

They probably didn't think of it before because they are as thick as a whale omelette. It is the only possible explanation.

Might be safer for you to delete this Sergey. Unless some cad quotes you of course.
The severity of the laws in Russia is compensated by the non-binding nature of their execution.

Catweasel has just released a vid on the forthcoming Russia Disrespect laws

Here's a snip

1552050943303.png