Russia Hands Over $1.5Bln Warship to China

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by NEO_CON, Oct 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. It's a business, a profitable business.
  3. Russia Hands Over $1.5Bln Warship to China

If the US was doing the selling to, say, Iraq or Saudi, it would be called 'good business'.

I think this is what is considered as capitalism and free enterprise.

So what? The US does NOT have the 'right' to technology, you know.

Your highlights, not mine. But thank you. Some of us for a rather long time have been questionning the sense in diverting so much of one's effort in first invading, then occupying a relatively stable state that did NOT present any threat to the US whatsoever, very little threat to its neighbours, and had absolutley NOTHING to do with 9/11 and global terrorism - when, arguably, there are significant threats lurking out there.

Are you beginning to see the light neo_com?
  4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I start to detect 'zenith reached', what I don't understand is that people have been able to see this coming for years, tho' I thought it would be around 2020. Now I will sit by and watch all the people who rubbished the concept of Neo-Imperialism as the nation that isn't imperial ('don't be silly, neo-imperial :roll: ') throws progresively worse tantrums and paints global pictures that are abstract to anyone but themself in an attempt to maintain its hegemony. The best reflection on them, is that I truly believe they cannot see past the tip of their nose...

5. Well said, The same old story, America the " World Police" Russia off loads a warship to China, big deal!!!!
  6. If you are saying that Islamofascism is not the only security concern I agree , as to what should be the priorities be? Active combat operation have to take precedent ,

but transfers of New capable Russian warships and a Chinese military defense spending build up of 10 to 15 percent over a number years should be noted.
  7. Yes, how dare the Russians sell military hardware to dodgy foreign regimes, that's the US's job.

Why should the Chinese military budget increase be particularly noted - how much has the US military budget gone up since T.W.A.T started? How much more than the rest of NATO put together does the US spend on defence?
  8. Chinas: $81,480,000,000 USD

USA: $518,100,000,000 USD

Hello pot meet kettle.
  10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

...or time to put NATO to bed and focus on a Pan European Organisation including the 'Muscovite state', after all post the Warsaw Pact its obvious that Russia feels excluded (even threatened) by US interests on our mainland and beyond veiled as NATO. As well as securing European geopolitical worries it seems they might be perfectly positioned in our diplomatic and economic dealings with China given such a large part of Russia is Asia...

(edit: oh and the fact they are selling them ships :twisted: )
  11. Up early this morning neo_com. Or, have you had a good night and now taking yourself off to bed?

Or, is there a 3rd option? Best not to discuss that now. All hush hush you know. Walls have ears and all that...
  12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Actually while we are at it can we move the UN to the Caucasus for the 21st/22nd Centuries ;) All the relevant town needs is a park and a 5th Avenue equivalent and all the diplomats (and wives/husbands) will be happy...

(edit: I'm thinking Samarkand here :twisted: )
  13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Hmmm, just did an IP trace and got some place called Menwith Hill, are you actually in the UK NEO_CON? :twisted:
  14. I can understand it from your point of view, but just why would they want to do that? I mean, why should European NATO countries have to put more into defence just to bail out the US military from US foreign policy fcuk-ups?
  15. As far as I'm concerned, letting the slanty eyed fcukers take possession of the 'Sunseeker' system means that now 2 countries have the ability to take out anything in any Western navy and that's two countries too many.

And how long will it be before the Chinese sell this technology on to the Irania's or Syrians?