• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Russell Howard

Now, as you all know, I went to see Buzzcocks the other week, but have finally found something that makes me laugh even more. Just watched him "live" on BBC3 and thought I really was going to have a bit of leakage.

Obese Kids

A linky from his webpage.

If I could get a photo of him with a Challenge Coin, or a Hols4Heroes bear, I'd be a very happy princess.

DtS xxx

Watched some of his series that was recently on BBC3.

Thought he had some funny moments but mostly he was crap. Don't rate him as a stand up comedian at all.

RoyalWelsh7023 said:
Watched some of his series that was recently on BBC3.

Thought he had some funny moments but mostly he was crap. Don't rate him as a stand up comedian at all.
Don't worry, you'll get a sense of humour when you get to Catterick. Ask for Sandy, and tell him Dale sent you :D

H

Hedphelym

Love the guy, but had to stop watching shows he was on for a while as he used the same material even in interviews when he could, for what seemed like an age - got a bit annoying and I started to think he wasn't that talented because of that.

However, the new show he has on BBC3 has really proved he's a very funny bloke. New material and good improv, and some of the stuff he says on the fly makes me choke on my brew more often than not.

For example, those who watched his show the other day, when confronted with the 7'7 giant : "sorry but I can't help thinking about your poor mum"

Sparky2339 said:
Russ is kack..

He was okay as a foil to Frankie Boyle.

His own show??

Naaaaaaaaaa.... :(
You don't have telly where you live, and probably couldn't understand him anyway.

Frankie is funny, but I can't see him doing stuff like that. The swearing at the train bit was too too funny.

I went to see his gig last week, really funny guy.

I stopped watching his show on bbc3 though cause i didnt want to hear the jokes before i'd got there. Had this problem when I saw frankie boyle as I'd heard 50% of them through watching mock the week.

Jimmy carr? Now i know you must have had a frontal lobotomy. as funny as paint drying. He might get the occasional smirk from me, but Russell more often than not gets me chuckling.
Very few of the current ones get me guffawing.

R14D said:
Jimmy carr? Now i know you must have had a frontal lobotomy. as funny as paint drying. He might get the occasional smirk from me, but Russell more often than not gets me chuckling.
The 1930's called, want their language back!! :p

davyskuller said:
R14D said:
The 1930's called, want their language back!! :p
'Harrumph' You Sir, are a cad, nay, a cad and a bounder! And I demand satisfaction ... but not from you!

R14D said:
Philistine! Jimmy Carr in Concert was recently on telly and I have never had such a jolly time alone.

Latest Threads