Russell Brand - Sachsgate Was Media's Fault

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JoeCivvie, Jul 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 3
  1. I think Russel Brand is a complete utter ****** who is totally unfunny, and his crude, excessive swearing and twattyness only impresses the type of people who think The Hangover movies are the most brilliant films ever created.

• Like Like x 6
  2. 'Any publicity is good publicity' I think their mantra goes? He must be in need of some publicity if this shite has made the news again. Both he and Ross have never been funny. Ross is a media whore and this bloke is just some geezer who is/was shagging somebody famous. There's another long haired unfunny **** who occasionally appears on 'Never mind the Buzzcocks', I think he's mate's with Brand. I can't even remember the ****'s name, the non-entity. Just cannot see what is funny with these people and that's not a generation thing. They truly are unfunny.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Hopefully this unfunny bastard will go on hunger strike alongside the other unfunny bastard and they can die together

• Like Like x 2
  4. Never understood what people see in him. Tosser of the 1st Order.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Bias against BBC? More like bias against unfunny shites.

And by that I don't mean their moronic phone call, which comes into the category unwise, I just mean unfunny in general.

• Like Like x 1
  6. "Lead Balloon" come in to that category. Who in God's name commissioned 4 series of that terminally unfunny shite?

• Like Like x 1
  7. He has a point, only 6 complaints until the Daily Mail ran the story and stoked up the flames. Something similar was tried with Frankie Boyle but it was on Channel 4 and he's a columnist for the Sun so it amounted to nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Personally I find Ricky Gervaise (funny how spell checker tries to change that to "overpraise"!) totally unfunny, yet the still keeping rolling out his shite..

• Like Like x 4
  9. This is hardly news, Russell Brand says "look at me, look at me" as usual.

In other 'shocking' news "Pope seen wearing a daft hat and bear shite found in woods"

10. Mans a fool and not in the funny ha ha way

11. Thanks for the post i thought i was the only one who thinks he is shite

• Like Like x 4
  12. Just disappointed that 'Woss' wasn't sacked at the same time, they all have their heads up their arrses thinking they're something special.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brand does have a point - let's not forget that the Mail was running a particularly vigorous campaign against the BBC and the amount of cash it was paying Ross (not an unreasonable complaint, but the Mail was doing a 'Jonathan Ross tells his child off for barging into old lady : is this child-hating beast worth £800,000 of your money each year?/ Jonathan Ross finds cure for cancer and brings peace to Middle East: Outrage at £800,000 a year parasite moonlighting' style campaign), and seized on this.

What Brand misses is the fact that the Beeb's version of the OODA loop kicked in as usual: Dismiss Complaint - Become Uneasy - Capitulate - Apologise.

A sensible BBC leadership would've issued a statement straight away, saying something along the lines of:

1. We know Ross and Brand are twunts, but people seem to like them for some reason
    2. We didn't know they were this stupid, though.
    3. We have kicked them in the pants
    4. If they do it again we'll sack them
    5. We've apologised to Andrew Sachs and Ross and Brand damned well better do so if they know what's good for them.
    5. Paul Dacre can Foxtrot Oscar.

Instead, of course, we ended up with the usual shilly-shallying which meant that the whole thing dragged on for days when kicking the pair of idiots in the slats early would've killed it. You can't - for instance - imagine Lord Reith faffing about like the Beeb did at the time (Reith would've suspended them for a month and - allegedly - invited Brand round for cocktails 'and wear something flimsy, young man...'). And the one thing that the BBC was going to be stubborn about was not sacking Woss, which, of course, they didn't.

So although I'd only micturate on a blazing Brand if I knew my bladder were full of petrol, I do think he might have the makings of a point, even if he has spun his usual 'look at me, look at me' into it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Brand did the voice for Dr Nefario - the incompetent side kick in Despicable Me...

Somehow that scene always reminds of how shite Brand is, and where his career is going...

Rodney2q