Russell Brand and the BBC

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by slipperman, Jun 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I'm well aware that the creature known as Russell Brand is a regular target of abuse on this site, but I really have to get this off my chest.
    Tuning in to my weekly dose of Question time on Thursday, I had to turn off pretty quickly because the cretin was on the panel and naturally, he was getting most of the applause from the usual suspects in the audience. Off switch was in play after 15 minutes!
    I had only just got over the trauma, when, bugger me, he was only sat on the sofa as a guest newspaper reviewer on the Andrew Marr show this morning. Just what is it about the BBC's obsession with this imbecile? I tune in to so-called serious news and Current Affairs programmes to escape the likes of Brand, but recently it seems they are taking the piss.
    God, I can't stand the man.*

* Admittedly, this may have something to do with the fact that he has had far more fanny than me - the barsteward!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Katy Perry didn't think so.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. For someone who preaches abstinence from drugs he was very animated, rude, interrupted a lot. I'd take a guess he uses stimulants. I did see him on TV belittling the head of the Royal college of GP's who knows nothing about drugs. She was or is the head of the RCGP substance misuse and also treats for the sick doctors trust.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Utter ****! He assumes that because he's been 'through some shit' it gives him the higher ground to pontificate from, I ******* despise his kind of snobbery.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yep, he comes across like a typical know it all student. Understandable if you're 18 or so, but pathetic when you are approaching 40 (I believe).
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The creature's smarmy grin makes me want to throw things at the TV.
  7. Drug addicts especially reformed ones spout that we know nothing, just read about it in books. Patients with other conditions don't say similar things.
    Dr Gerada has done lots of work to help others treat drug addicts and to get it included in Doctors training. At a time when few people would treat drug addicts Clare would and helped set up networks and conferences to get like minded people together.
    A very well respected Doctor I've worked on many projects with her.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. But there he was at a House of Commons select committee drowning out other people's opinions.
  9. Total bell end - troll like - we have to stop giving him the oxygen of publicity.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I've never met him but I do tend to find him slightly irritating when I observe him on the television.

Having said that he was on a CNBC morning show the other day; puffing up some Tour he was embarking on in the US and the 3 anchors/presenters slightly tried to take the piss out of him. He gave the septics what for and I have to admit that my sympathy was with him.

I'd still wing him if I saw him in crossing a dark street.
  11. I never thought I would ever say this, but it was a relief to see Ed Balls replace him on the sofa this morning! I suppose there is a sliding scale of utter cnutness.
  12. Yep, from cnut to balls. How apposite.
    • Like Like x 5
  13. While we're showing our distaste for that Brand,could we also show some for that horrible female one?
  14. Another individual who seems to have a hold over some senior TV executives. She's about as funny as Herpes.
  15. Fixed.

I'm not a fan. Like many celebs, ( think Bonio, Geldof, the 'Yes Scotland' celebrity supporters ) Brand seems to think that its [sic] profile means that its opinions are informed. Stick to what you know you ridiculous pampered knob jockey.