Rural Terrorists Shoot Down Advert Balloon

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Dec 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't suppose any of you guys know anything about this. Somebody keeps shooting a 30' captive balloon out of the skies of West Sussex. The balloon advertises "Big Box Self Storage."

It is suspected that somebody who put down a lot of money to own a home out there resents being made to look at flying billboards.

"Villagers shoot down advertising balloon over country park" 18 December 2008. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3831468/Villagers-shoot-down-advertising-balloon-over-country-park.html

2. My money is on Ugly.

3. :shakefist: i wish it was me but im not allowed guns any more

4. Why are you calling them 'rural terrorists'?

5. maybe other inflatable advertising items are frightened that they are next?

6. Heard a police firearms "expert" reckon it could be old home guard ammo!

7. Excellent work, whoever did it

8. Rural freedom fighters to you!

9. Good God! Redeploy Counter-Terrorist Command! Man the Counter-Battery Radar! These terrorists must be brought to justice! Work for Big Box Storage by any chance?

10. Septics do it better when I was in new york in 93 they shot down a blimp
    Advertising pizza.Crew survied was a photo of it lying over an apartment
    building .Airship industries repoted one of their air ships got an arrow stuck in it.
    Those things do make tempting targets dont they.

11. Wrong county, he lives in East Sussex (the better bit).

12. That just makes it more of a challange :D

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

FREE THE LABOONS!!!!!! FREE THE LABOONS!!!!!!

This isn't just terrorism, this is making a mockery of the afflicted!

14. So its ok to shoot at ugly big hot air filled bags of shite?? uh think now would be a good time for Gordon Broon and Jade Goody to go into hiding then. :lol:

15. Ditchling is actually (just) in East Sussex - this is another non-story. The boyfriend of our receptionist works for the balloon company and I will find out the true details Monday. BTW, Vera Lynn lives in Ditchling - perhaps she is regressing back to the '40s and thought the Nazis were coming.