running???

hi, i am so pissed off with this snow. why because i cant run. what would you do guys still get out there and run? but i'm abit scared maybe slip and do another injury

I've been running, it's not slippery if there's a layer of snow.

Also, even when it's icey, I go jogging.

If you have proper running footwear, you won't slip, go try it

Just come back from one myself this morning. I say get out there and get stuck in. Reason being is i can't imagine in a million years that at P1 they would call PT off because of snow, even if hell itself froze over. Only advice i would give is make sure you have decent footwear on and spend longer on your warm up/warm down.

Have Fun.

i think im gunna use the tredmill today.
havent got no decent footwear dont wanna take the risk and dont wanna be bombarded with snow balls lool :D

pfft! Running in the snow is great! the cold air and constant attack from the falling snow is great for keeping the core temp down. i did 4 miles this morning in prep for joining.

Go on get out there! as long as you wear trainers with some tread left you will be fine... however have a friend film the run just incase you slip go head over heels and land either on your head or your arse, then youtube it for all of us to see.

Z3R0 said:
rp_uk_08 said:
do use lot run in the morning or night
Early morning is the best time, >1 hour after you've woken up, so your body is fully hydrated and ready to be 'punished'. :p
i follow that same rule, on top of the above, i do early morning runs because the streets are mostly clear, no random cars pulling out of drives and blocking the streets, no chavs in the way, just me, the road and the dark sky.

Well 20cms of snow and running don't mix, 2 miles and I was finished. It was either running knees to chest to keep moving or 2 paces forward and one back, knees hips and calves took a beasting. If its at all icy tomorrow I'm off to the treadmill.

Damnation said:
i follow that same rule, on top of the above, i do early morning runs because the streets are mostly clear, no random cars pulling out of drives and blocking the streets, no chavs in the way, just me, the road and the dark sky.
Work while your enemies are sleeping..

Work harder when they are awake. :twisted:

Z3R0 said:
rp_uk_08 said:
do use lot run in the morning or night
Early morning is the best time, >1 hour after you've woken up, so your body is fully hydrated and ready to be 'punished'. :p
I will agree with you, plus in phase 1 all PT is usually done in the early hours of the morning too so is good to do it, so that you are tired by 1pm lol but thats another factor of basic you have to train yourself in is fatigue. infact being tired is the worst part of basic i think.

i always go gym around midday or around ish. is it true running early in the morning boosts your motabalism better for the day ahead ?

also the last month or so i have been blighted by a chest infection a trapped nerve in my back then a trapped nerve in my thigh. so my endurance and stamina have taken a fall..before i was on target for a 1.5 mile time of 11-12 mins anyone have any ideas of how to get back my stamina and endurance in time for pre-adsc on 19th feb?

cheers in advance

Ash

Asherz said:
anyone have any ideas of how to get back my stamina and endurance in time for pre-adsc on 19th feb?
Since it's only pre-adsc, there's no desperate need to be at peak performance.

Just go in and get your run-time for the job choices, and pick up the pace after you've recovered.

At the moment im running my 1.5 mile in about 9.30/40, can anybody tell me a good weekly routine i could do to get it down to 9.00 or even below. Ive got 3 months till i start basic.
Cheers