Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Running until you vomit...

When I was in t'mob I played a lot of football and hockey then between match days weight trained but I always puked during BFTs on the 1.5 mile run-in. The kudos tho' was in not breaking stride! :D

I know sport science has moved on a lot since the 70s/80s. My experience is of little value now so don't think I'm advocating it as a requirement!

jarrod248 said:
mcclurg said:
Wessex_Man said:
walt_of_the_walts said:
One thing definitely, Bulimics often have bad back teeth, because all the acid in the stomach damages the teeth. If you do puke, brush your teeth well afterwards (which you do want to anyway?)

DO NOT - repeat - DO NOT BRUSH YOUR TEETH FOR AT LEAST 30 MINS AFTER PUKING!

Wash your mouth out with water; chew sugar free gum to promote salivation etc..., but leave the tooth brushing for half an hour; if you brush your teeth directly after vomiting you'll drive the stomach acids into the tooth enamel and worsen the effects considerably.

I'm pretty sure that's a myth..

No it's not a myth and Pharmacists give the same advice to people after they have taken Methadone. Boots even give out a piece of sugar-free gum now afterwards.

But take it logically. Boke contains stomach acid, toothpaste is an alkaline substance, therefore, toothpaste neutralises boke and hey presto, your teeth are fine!