Running times

Hi there,

I'm sure I've heard this mentioned somewhere, but is there a way to compare bleep test results to 1.5/3mile run times? I'm currently doing a 13.6

Cheers all.

If you can't compare them then no worries lads.

I've actually done a reasonable amount of running (completed my only marathon in 3:25 - and walked like a cripple for a week after!) and can comfortably knock out 6 miles in 40mins but was just curious to see if there was any correlation to be found between bleep test scores and 1.5/3mile times.

thickienongrad said:
If you can't compare them then no worries lads.

I've actually done a reasonable amount of running (completed my only marathon in 3:25 - and walked like a cripple for a week after!) and can comfortably knock out 6 miles in 40mins but was just curious to see if there was any correlation to be found between bleep test scores and 1.5/3mile times.
I think they say a level 11.1 or so is approximately the same as a 10.30 1.5 mile run.

I'm not sure how the levels and sub levels relate to a decreasing 1.5 mile time.

5 or 6 years ago when I was at uni at fit from other things I did my first fitness test and got to 1 sub level from level 13 (kicked myself for that). I hadn't run before that so I thought I could probably get a good run out.
Unfortunately this wasn't the case. I was good at sprinting and then relaxing for rounds at a time, but steady work and running, I was useless until I learnt how to run.

Sorry, that was a bit of a tangent.