Running times

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by thickienongrad, May 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

I'm sure I've heard this mentioned somewhere, but is there a way to compare bleep test results to 1.5/3mile run times? I'm currently doing a 13.6

Cheers all.
  2. 1.5 miles in 13.06? Don't worry about comparing, you'll be fine!
  3. Hold on!!!

Just so it's clear, 13.6 is the level I reached in the bleep test! :)
  4. So how fast can you run 1.5 miles after an 800m warm up?
  5. Yea, you can't really compare them.
  6. If you can't compare them then no worries lads.

I've actually done a reasonable amount of running (completed my only marathon in 3:25 - and walked like a cripple for a week after!) and can comfortably knock out 6 miles in 40mins but was just curious to see if there was any correlation to be found between bleep test scores and 1.5/3mile times.
  7. I think they say a level 11.1 or so is approximately the same as a 10.30 1.5 mile run.

I'm not sure how the levels and sub levels relate to a decreasing 1.5 mile time.

5 or 6 years ago when I was at uni at fit from other things I did my first fitness test and got to 1 sub level from level 13 (kicked myself for that). I hadn't run before that so I thought I could probably get a good run out.
    Unfortunately this wasn't the case. I was good at sprinting and then relaxing for rounds at a time, but steady work and running, I was useless until I learnt how to run.

Sorry, that was a bit of a tangent.
  8. Thats a cracking marathon time and 6 miles in 40 mins is just under 7 min miles so you should be ok.