running times and CFT

davenport

Old-Salt
after a few months ive got my 1 1/2 mile time under 10:00, with my best being 9:40. I then started gettin use to running with a rucksack, i started with 5kg, then 10kg now i've got 15kg. Question is what kind of time should i be aiming for?

The other day I did 3 mile with 15kg in just under 26 min, is this a good start, im 30 in a couple of months and rejoining TA and will have a CFT coming up shortly any advice would be appreciated.

davenport said:
after a few months ive got my 1 1/2 mile time under 10:00, with my best being 9:40. I then started gettin use to running with a rucksack, i started with 5kg, then 10kg now i've got 15kg. Question is what kind of time should i be aiming for?

To achieve what; a CFT pass?

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
3 miles with 15kg in 26 minutes is not a bad time at all.

However, with your level of fitness so far, I would be suprised if you suffered massively on a cft. Having said that, what capbadge are you going? Infantry cft (25kg?) or Corps (15kg?).

Don't overdo the running on roads with weight on, i assume you're doing that. Keep the runs up, and the weight work will come. Just try and get the miles in your legs for now.

Latest Threads