Running the London Marathon for the Royal British Legion

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by SilsoeSid, Nov 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All,

I will be running the London Marathon in April next year in support of the Royal British Legion and I would really appreciate your support.

I wasn't lucky enough to get a place in the general ballot, so after talking to Help For Heroes and finding how closely they worked with the RBL, I applied for and was fortunate enough to gain a place on the Legions London Marathon Team.

In the last 6 months I have run the Shakespeare Half Marathon (2:20), British London 10K (1:00) and in October the Coventry Half Marathon (2:19), so am well on the way to go for the biggie and not taking this quest lightly.

Any support would be greatly appreciated, not only for myself but also for the vital work carried out by the Royal British Legion and Help For Heroes.

Many Thanks
    Tre4

[​IMG] Justgiving - Tre4s Fundraising Page

Below are some of the sights that remind me of the vital work needed from the RBL and H4H.
    These scenes are normally in the very small hours, away from the prying eyes of the public.
    On one particular day, I saw a full set come in. Tristar, C-17, Hercules and VC-10. Each one met by ambulances!

It's as though 'the system' thinks our injured troops are a National embarrassment.

[​IMG]