Running the London Marathon for Combat Stress

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by terroratthepicnic, Jan 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I have been lucky enough to get a gold place for the Virgin London Marathon, running for Combat Stress. So far my training is going well and I am hoping to complete the marathon in about 3h 30m.

However to add a little something different to the mix, I will be running in fancy dress. All going well I will be dressed not too dissimilar to this:

[​IMG]

Now I know I may get a bit of grief for it, but its for a good cause and if I do come in under 3h 30m, I also gain a Guinness World Record.

With the way the world is at the moment, I know most are watching the pennies very closely, but if you all could spare a few minutes look at my JustGiving page and perhaps sponsoring me a few quid, I and Combat Stress would be very grateful. You can also give via text, just text FORK91 and amount £1 (amount of your choice) to 70070. (Texts are free)

[​IMG]

Even if you are unable to help directly, could I ask you to publish my JustGiving page on your facebook pages, twitter accounts and any other site you may visit.

2. Great cause and even greater outfit. Think those heels may slow you down a bit however :)

I'll chuck sth your way. I did London for CS in 2009 and had the most fantastic day thanks to arrse support both during and after. Enjoy!

3. That sounds like a shite prize for winning a marathon. Much like the guiltbox at the beerstore that says "change for leukemia". I'd much rather keep my change, thanks.

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Good cause TATP - can I suggest you reduce the amount of grief from bystanders by spending the time between now and April growing the butchest Zapata tour tache you can ( feed it Baby Bio while you sleep) :)

[​IMG]

Best of luck with the attempt - and a donation inbound.

And for Flagrant Violator - it took me a moment cause I'm slow ( Canadian cousins) but yeah, winning a dose of PTSD doesn't sound too much like an incentive.
    However, the upside is we can look forward to seeing TATP with 'COMBAT STRESS' prominently emblazoned on his outfit all over the Press if he DOES get the record.

Ahem...hope your legs are up to those lace-top holdups TATP - I'm told they're murder on the circulation....FairMaid may be able to give you a few tips ! :glomp:

• Like Like x 2
  5. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

Thanks FMOP and Goatman, all money greatly recieved. Although growing a big ginger tache really isn't a look that would suit me. Although the tatts should reduce some of the grief from bystanders.

FV, I would love to win the London Marathon, but sadly I will be about a 90 minutes behind the eventual winner. So a GWR is the best I can hope for.

6. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

Thank you, all donations are greatly recieved.

7. Done mate and word spread on FB too

8. Whats the GWR? Fastest Marathon for a Slutty French Maid?

9. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

The GWR is, Fastest Marathon Dressed as a French Maid (Male).

10. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

Cheers mate, if all your FB friends donated 1 hours beers money, my target would be met quite quickly :thumright:. I have been pinging my JG page on FB almost every day too.

11. OMG my previous post was a poor attempt at humour, i didnt realise they do GWRs for such specific acts! Im going to have to google GWR for fastest marathon in a Borat Mankini and give it a go! Anyway text donation inbound. Good Luck.

12. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

Haha, no problem. Cheers mate.

13. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

Just a little bump to put it onto the last 50 page. :thumright:

14. Tell you what matey if you looked like that in that webbing I'd run after you bits dangling and you'd definitely get the time youre after. Will throw some shekkels your way .

15. There's gotta be an easer way to get combat stress ?