Running the London Marathon for BLESMA

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by ViroBono, Apr 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Not me - I was in the RAF, so can just about manage a 100 yard dash to my Spitfire.

One of my colleagues, Karen Hicks, is running the Marathon in aid of BLESMA. She works at Selly Oak, so has met many of the young service personnel who have lost limbs in recent ops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    She's also deployed, as a civilian welfare officer, to field hospitals in both locations. Indeed, she's not long back from one of the sandy sh!tholes.

If you'd like to help, please visit her page at justgiving.

I'm aware that there are others running for service charities, but I think this cause deserves at least an equal chance.

Last year, Karen covered the 26 miles dressed as a French Maid. You will see on the Justgiving page that Karen's outfit for this year is to be confirmed. However, I can reveal that she will be running dressed as a schoolgirl! :p

Donate enough, and she might even put up some pics!
  2. I've chucked some beer tokens in. I'm going to spend some lonely nights at home in front of the TV instead of down the local, but visions of Karen running in a skimpy uniform will :lick: ................ Sorry I just fell off the end of the bar!

3. Bump!!