Running slow....

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BriteGirlie, May 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Helloooooo,

I'm on a 3meg connection but for some unknown reason things seem to be running really slow for me on here today,.... is it a site issue, or am I the only one this is happening to? :(

ps: I seem to be accessing other sites without any problems whatsoever.
  2. i'm on 1 meg and it's running fine 8)
  3. I'm running 2.2 megs and it's slow.
  4. 1 meg and running slow, and has been since Thursday/Friday. So there!!
  5. Running Slooooow!
  6. I have no idea what I'm running on (spot the Luddite) but it is going slow for me too...
  7. Its working for me!!!

Nothing else is though......
  8. Working fine now.
  9. maybe i've always been running slow but just don't know it!!!!

story of my life really :lol:
  10. 2.2 and it is ok

A week or so ago it seamed everything was slow glad I dont have 56k any more!!

11. Who's meg?
  12. Not sure but there are 2.2 of her in my modem so she must be quite small!!

13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

The site has been slow and we're trying to get this sorted. Since the Amarillo video, chat change and wiki we've had server problems and think we may be at the limits of the server.

We're speaking to the hosts about this, and taking advice from the site software support forums and have a couple of options - one of which will happen shortly, possibly a second server (wallet twitch).

In the mean time, I apologise for any frustration caused.
  14. Everything's running fine now, defragged the HD, did a disk cleanup..... and binned some of the stuff from my pc too! It's amazing how much rubbish can be gathered over a six month period...... :D
  15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin