running for charity - event needed

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by kilo93, Feb 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    last year I completed paras 10 p coy challenge. Unfortunately or fortunately (i cant decide which one yet) I have got the running bug proper and im looking to do another similar event this year - just wanted to see if anyone could suggest any challenging running events (with or without weight) that i could do this summer to raise some money for a forces charity.

2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

SSAFA are still looking for people to run the Brighton Matrathon for them in 2012.

Or if the distance/timing is wrong for you and you fancy working up to it try this one - Marine Corps Marathon

Registration for the 2012 Marine Corps Marathon, Washington (not Tyne & Wear) opens March 7th - Oooh-rah FMP ! .....

I ran this for Combat Stress in 2004 - cracking run and a fair race shirt too ! (as long as it isn't that hideous yellow and green thing they did in 2003.....)
  3. cheers all for the suggestions - are there any events like these in the south of England ? being a student i am financially limited and i was lucky last year in having a friend who drove me to caterrick - not going to see a repeat unfortunately.

4. Join the Runners World forum on their website, not only does it list all events and you can search them on location/distance/type etc. The forum is fairly usefull and you may be able to contact other runners who may offer lifts or share transport costs.
  5. Try Silverstone in March.