Running Applications

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by jack-daniels, Feb 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Techno biff here, using Windows XP. How do if find what applications are running on my laptop?
    Ta

2. Didn't even know they were running mate, thought they started programs.
    I'm Arrse at this pish too.

3. Cow

Cow LE

Right click on your tool bar and select 'Task Manager' will show some. Click run in the start menu, type 'msconfig', go to the last tab and it will show programs that start up when your Laptop boots.

4. Cheers mate. Don't suppose you know what the Processes things about as well do you?

5. msr

msr LE

6. The Processes tab provides a list of all running background processes.
    You might have the applications tab empty but still find 40+ processes.
    If you have an app open, right click it and select go to process to see what process it is.

7. Cow

Cow LE

If there's one you don't recognise then google it- thats the quickest way to find ou, what are you unsure about?

8. My laptop was running uber slow and I recall someone on here once saying to check applications as some work in the background constantly taking up space and slowing things down.

9. I thought this one was suspicous: i0wn5j00.exe :D

10. 40+ :( I have XP and am running 31 - but then again am not running Norton

11. If you want to know about the processes that are running have a look at

www.processlibrary.com

Ive found it pretty useful in the past, at least to give you an idea whats going on with your system.

12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Theres a rather cool program called enditall2 which is still available some places on the net. Kills off everything that is not necessary, great if you need to free up memory and so on.

13. http://www.docsdownloads.com/enditall-1.htm