Running After Work?

SirPopeye

Clanker
Hi Guys,

So have decided now that after work, where I currently finish at 00:00 Midnight. I shall run roughly 2-3 miles, at my local park, where there is hills and all sorts, with a head torch on. Would this be too much to ask considering the possibility of injury before even joining? More frightened of stepping on some weird creature. Then the following day, I shall go to the gym and lift the weights, and a possibility of another run in the Gym. Repeat this 5 times a week. Should be a beast before I join then. Hopefully start of next year.

Any input lads, would be great!

Basically, "should I run in the dark"?

Yes, if there is enough light.

Next.

Unless you are just doing light endurance weights do not go to the gym 5 days a week. You are either not including rest days or you are doing a legs day, arms day chest day etc, If you are trying to improve fitness (or even look better) that is a terrible system.

As for running in the dark , how goods the torch

If running in the dark with a head torch be prepared for surprises, eg cyclists cycling in the dark with no lights, wild boar, falling over tree roots ... just speaking from personal experience.

So on the basis of some random replies on the internet, you're going to decide whether to run in the dark?

You do realize that the Army is not a daylight-only operation?

Why not just run on streets with lighting? And be prepared to answer PC Plod when he stops you, sweating, running in the dark at 00:30.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hi Guys,

So have decided now that after work, where I currently finish at 00:00 Midnight. I shall run roughly 2-3 miles, at my local park, where there is hills and all sorts, with a head torch on. Would this be too much to ask considering the possibility of injury before even joining? More frightened of stepping on some weird creature. Then the following day, I shall go to the gym and lift the weights, and a possibility of another run in the Gym. Repeat this 5 times a week. Should be a beast before I join then. Hopefully start of next year.

Any input lads, would be great!

Sounds like a good way to spend more time looking where you're going than worrying about your times.

Walking or running you're always better off without a head torch I find. Eyes adjust. Haven't you done night patrols, you a sailor or something?

Latest Threads