Running a business while serving

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by armr617, Oct 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I understand that if you want to work outside of working hours (ie truck driving, security jobs etc) you have to ask the CO's permission.

    I am thinking about setting up a photography business when i get posted back to the UK.
    It will be all in my own time etc etc.
    I will be going to functions and peoples houses etc as opposed to using my quarter.

    anyone know the rules, tips etc? (or a JSP to look in)
    I am not out for another 6-7 yrs so its a long term thing, and in my eyes its resettlement for me!

    I would be set up as a 'sole trader' as opposed to a ltd company.

  2. hi, sole trader is the easiest option, self employment forms are a nightmare, so get a good acountant,it will cost about £400, but you will get your money back on the fiddles! good luck