Run Route Glencorse.......

#1
Hello boys and girls,

Can anyone who has done Glencorse recently please tell me what the run route is like?

I've heard it's an old railway track, to a gate and back however I've also heard it's 6 or so laps round a building??? 8O

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks all

CBA
 
#2
When i done it 3 years ago it was one big route in a forest, even terrain, slightly uphill on some parts. at the end theirs a barrier which you run around and back to the finish which is under a bridge. Good run route, the best one ive ran on anyway.
 
#4
I did it back in october there and its honestly nothing to worry about just ur run of the mill path rlly, easy enough to run on and im far from the best runner. Personally on the day i thought it was maybe a tad over the 1.5 mile mark but im sure its just cause i was recovering from the flu at the time. Seriously tho dont sweat it!
 
#5
Can_do_attitude said:
Hello boys and girls,



I've heard it's an old railway track, to a gate and back

CBA
This is correct,they have also removed the sleepers,the rails and the trains.There is also light at the beginning,middle and end of the tunnel.
 
#8
firestarter said:
Can_do_attitude said:
Hello boys and girls,



I've heard it's an old railway track, to a gate and back

CBA
This is correct,they have also removed the sleepers,the rails and the trains.There is also light at the beginning,middle and end of the tunnel.

I heard that the light at the end of the tunnel had been switched off, due to cutbacks?
 
#11
cloudbuster said:
The light at the end of the tunnel is attached to a moving train.
Moving torwards you?
 
#12
Ahh cool.

To a gate and back ain't that bad I guess, atleast when you get to the gate and turn around you know you're at the half way mark and can leg it back....
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#13
Can_do_attitude said:
Ahh cool.

To a gate and back ain't that bad I guess, atleast when you get to the gate and turn around you know you're at the half way mark and can leg it back....
A dangerous assumption, and you may be about to learn a very important lesson.

Goalposts move.
 
#14
well im sure that if the light is on the end of a train then u will b legging it bak.

am goin to glencorse on april 15th can neone shed ne more light apart from tht on the train of wat is required and the leniancy if ne. tah
 
#16
Can_do_attitude said:
Hello boys and girls,

Can anyone who has done Glencorse recently please tell me what the run route is like?

I've heard it's an old railway track, to a gate and back however I've also heard it's 6 or so laps round a building??? 8O

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks all

CBA
Get out and run on different types of ground from firm to mud to sand , it's not going to be all flat out there for you chum , condition yourself to all sort's of terrain then you'll be fit .....
 
#17
jst quik typing, can u understand it though. cos im sure a few people can people do it in txtin i jst hapen to txt alot. tah means thanku btw.
 
#18
H3 said:
Can_do_attitude said:
Hello boys and girls,

Can anyone who has done Glencorse recently please tell me what the run route is like?

I've heard it's an old railway track, to a gate and back however I've also heard it's 6 or so laps round a building??? 8O

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks all

CBA
Get out and run on different types of ground from firm to mud to sand , it's not going to be all flat out there for you chum , condition yourself to all sort's of terrain then you'll be fit .....
Thanks for the info mate but I was up at selection about 2 weeks ago haha

Just to let everyone know the run route at Glencorse is not a hard route at all. Was on an old railway line, which was indeed to a gate and back.

My suggestion to anyone doing the run however would be to train over the 1.5 mile as you also do a warm up before the run which tired a lot of the guys out before the run itself.
 
#19
tommygun said:
jst quik typing, can u understand it though. cos im sure a few people can people do it in txtin i jst hapen to txt alot. tah means thanku btw.
I would seriously SERIOUSLY recommend not using txt speak on here. you'll get all manner of grief mate.

It takes just a couple seconds longer to type english, I would suggest you use them seconds before all hell breaks loose on here
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
medic000 US 15
Y Health and Fitness 13
halomonkey Health and Fitness 9

Similar threads

Latest Threads