Run Route Glencorse.......

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Can_do_attitude, Jan 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello boys and girls,

Can anyone who has done Glencorse recently please tell me what the run route is like?

I've heard it's an old railway track, to a gate and back however I've also heard it's 6 or so laps round a building??? 8O

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks all

CBA

2. When i done it 3 years ago it was one big route in a forest, even terrain, slightly uphill on some parts. at the end theirs a barrier which you run around and back to the finish which is under a bridge. Good run route, the best one ive ran on anyway.

3. its an old railway track to a gate them back! its flat! wee bit muddy but part from that its a gd 4 running!

4. I did it back in october there and its honestly nothing to worry about just ur run of the mill path rlly, easy enough to run on and im far from the best runner. Personally on the day i thought it was maybe a tad over the 1.5 mile mark but im sure its just cause i was recovering from the flu at the time. Seriously tho dont sweat it!

5. This is correct,they have also removed the sleepers,the rails and the trains.There is also light at the beginning,middle and end of the tunnel.

6. yep was still the old railway track when i did it back in Nov, flat and easy going, just watch out for them puddles and potholes.

7. yea when its been raining you cant see the pot holes so be carefull.

8. I heard that the light at the end of the tunnel had been switched off, due to cutbacks?

9. Ok its probably changed, i went there in 2005

10. The light at the end of the tunnel is attached to a moving train.

11. Moving torwards you?

12. Ahh cool.

To a gate and back ain't that bad I guess, atleast when you get to the gate and turn around you know you're at the half way mark and can leg it back....

13. A dangerous assumption, and you may be about to learn a very important lesson.

Goalposts move.

14. well im sure that if the light is on the end of a train then u will b legging it bak.

am goin to glencorse on april 15th can neone shed ne more light apart from tht on the train of wat is required and the leniancy if ne. tah

15. What......the......fcuk????

English isn't your first language is it?!?! 8O 8O 8O