• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Rumsfelds first interview

Don't know if anyone can use this. Rumsfeld's first interview since he resigned.
Naturally it's in GQ, the magazine with the testerone scratch and sniff card on the inside front cover.
You have to get to about page 8 before getting any comments on war. It isn't much. View it like sixth form biology. Rabbit carcase pinned to the board, you get to find out where the organs are. That's about it.

(mind you, nice little Stephen King touch here.)
Though Rummy doesn't make a habit of inviting members of the press to his farm, he seems to love showing it off. The place is—there's just no way to say it without clichés—peaceful, quiet, rustic, stunning in its raw natural beauty. It's his fifty-acre piece of heaven, his sanctuary—particularly now. In fact, it kinda ticked him off that he got out here only a handful of times while he was secretary of defense.
"Have been a little busy for the last six and a half years," he says, chuckling.
One of the upsides to his exile—though he doesn't call it that—is being able to come here whenever the heck he wants. He shows me every barn, every tractor, every animal on the property. "I JUST LOVE IT HERE," he says. "WHERE'S MY CHAIN SAW?"
http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_5896&pageNum=7

Look at this, Rumsfeld's in quotes:

"The government of Iraq has not been able to find ways to bring the elements of that country together sufficiently that they can create an environment hospitable to, uh, whatever one wants to call their evolving way of life, a democracy or a representative system or a freer system. Look at Afghanistan. In Afghanistan, 28 million people are free. They have their own president, they have their own parliament. Improved a lot on the streets."

All your theories worked there, in other words?

"It's been a big success!
(Lie 1.)

The Iraqi government has not been successful as yet. And, uh, it's gonna take some time and some effort."
When do you see it resolved?
"I'm not gonna get into that."
Right. But if you distill the general sense…the measured general sense…of what the American public feels about Iraq right now, it would be: a plan in but not a plan out. Do you agree with that?
"No! No, no! The military has to have plans for post-major-conflict stabilization, and they did.(Lie 2) And, uh, the focus of the insurgents and the terrorists and the Al Qaeda have put on Iraq… It's enormously important to them."
But you sleep okay?
"I do. Always have."
No nightmares?
"Nope."
Someone please arrange for this man to have nightmares.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_5896&pageNum=15

He does. He unfortunately mistakenly logged onto one of your space-lizard directed threads and as a result has had to be sedated. Luckily no one can tell the difference...

Latest Threads