Rumsfeld: Worse than McNamara?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by yank_eyetie, Oct 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hmmm....

But McNamara had 45,000 US KIA when he left as SecDef, so Dumsfeld has a way to go yet.

2. If the insurgents had the same firepower as the VietCong did Rumsfeld would in my opinion surpass 42000 if the war lasted as long as Vietnam did.BTW I thought it was 53,209 dead in Vietnam?I could be wrong.

Remember,the insurgents are vastly outgunned,out numbered and outsupplied fighting at least two of the strongest military powers in the world.Hardly the same matchup as Nam.

The US casualities are pretty high.Israels 20 yr occupation of Lebanon only produced about 700 (?) Israeli soldiers dead.We surpassed this number in one year.

Edited to add last paragraph.

3. I didnt think it fair to count the KIA's under Nixons SecDef's Laird & Schlesinger.

4. Yeah but he's been doing Iraq in a half-arsed manner from the beginning so of course his bodycounts going to be half-arsed as well. For comparisons sake, are we just counting US casualties or the current sectarian cluster**** as well?

5. Not to mention the VC didn't have a habit of blowing up large portions of densely populated residential sections of Saigon like the current "freedom fighters"

6. Well to be fair, hes offered to go but Bush wont accept his resignation...

7. Rumour has it that even Mrs Bush thought he should go

8. So he is serving reluctantly? More reason he should go.

A woman's intuition is more oftenthan not always right.Everybody including Rummy knows he shouldnt be there.Only Bush has his rose tinted glasses still planted firmly on his nose.

9. It'd be too personally damaging for Bush to get rid of him, especially now.

10. Aye.They are joined at the hip.Too bad none of them has the balls to do what is right.GW to fire him and/or Rummy to resign.

11. One of the things I always found Jarring was the Physical resemblence they have of each other, like Evil twins.

12. You are right.They could pass of as brothers.Same lost empty look.

Is Mcnamara still alive?