Rumours about dollar

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Oct 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

By the way, as I don't trust moron Putin then I keep my savings in different currencies (in Roubles, Euros and Dollars). Dollar depost brings me 12,25% per year, not bad at all.
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

...until you factor in its devaluation against other major currencies in the last few years :wink:
  3. So maybe it would be wise to keep money in Pounds?
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I have investments in Euros and probably too many in pounds right now. Pound is 20-25% undervalue at the moment - expect a boost by UK election time next year of at least 10%.
    Better still, invest in UK property.
  5. This one has been around for a while.

It could also be something put around by a Forex trader who has a position so that the market swings his way. Such things do happen.
  6. Maybe a football club or two?
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Yes - if you have the readies.....
  8. it's inevitable that the dollar will go bust at the current rate of spending in DC and the debt they are incurring. The printing presses have been going full bore since September of last year.

Anyone with half a clue can see that at the current rate there is no way the Fed can pay back the debt it is currently racking up. Instead they are playing games and have started monetizing the debt by selling bonds to middlemen and then buying them back with freshly minted dollars.

Inflation is on its way, and the current policies and agenda of the assclowns in DC is stiffeling the economy and will do so for a few more years. If "health care reform" (whatever the hell that is) passes it will only be a year or two before you see countries unpegging from the dollar....
  9. None of the countries mentioned have any interest in devaluing the dollar before they can quietly unload their holdings. The thing they're worrying about is that it'll go pop naturally before they can, leaving them with vast collections of the world's most expensive toilet paper.

There's been a slow but steady net sale of dollar bonds from China and Japan with IIRC Dubai upping its stake? Memory ain't what it used to be, but I think that was who I read was upping their stake.
  10. Bah! I thought this was a thread about the top notch 80's combo!
    Sorry fellas!!
  11. And China is the only saving grace at the moment as they hold signifcant sums of US debt. They are slowly converting thoer holdings into natural resources silently buying up mines and wells around the globe, mostly in underdeveloped african countries. Once they have relieved themselves of a significant portion of their holding they will happily let the dollar go pear shaped.....
  12. I heard that one ages ago as 'the real justification' for moving into Iraq. Alledgedly the oil producers were thinking of dumping the dollar and using the euro instead. It made as much sense as WMD.
  13. Am I wrong in thinking that the way the $ is used in oil transactions and if OPEC etc were to move away to another currency, it could collapse the US economy??
  14. Iran sells oil in Euro's just to p1ss the US off IIRC?
  15. Be afraid, be very afraid!

A 'weak' President - Sino-Asian 'tiger' economies - Russian 'naughtiness'.