Rumour Control - Pay Raise For Canadian Forces

Discussion in 'Canada' started by wotan, Feb 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, Ok, I know that their is a section on here for pay issues, but I figure that is mainly for UK troops. If I'm wrong in that, well, they can rescind my birthday.

BEAR IN MIND, THIS IS PURE RUMOUR! DO NOT SPEND MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE IN YOUR POCKET!

That said, we have been hearing from the CDS for over a year now about how a pay raise is coming. And, according to Rumour Control, the talk is strong and very optimistic. I have heard from several sources, each independent of the other that the pay raise will be applied at end February 2005, backdated to 1 April 2004. So, how much is it?

The word is 6.6%! For a Private, that translates into about $200.00/month gross with a lump-sum payment at end February of about $2300.00. As well, Rumour Control indicates that 1 April 2005 a 2.4% pay raise is in the works!

So, any other Canuckleheads hear any good duff gen on this topic?

2. Wotan:

You can expect a little extra in the pay packet..but..it will have to wait until the figures are massaged and crunched and argued over [ even though they had been agreed on before - hey, that was a previous government/minister ] and 'approved ' in the Feb 23 budget allocatations.. and, of course, after they siphon it out of Reg/Reserve training funds...

but, you didn't hear it from me..