rumour as it

no1cares said:
that DS at Blandford are going to receive LSSA. I have a brother-in-law there and he says this will begin in Sept.
Eh? On what basis could the system possibly award Longer Separated Service Allowance to people in a static posting? The longest that they are separated from their singlie bunks or married quarters is from breakfast time to lunchtime...a whopping four hours. Sounds like a load of rubbish. Surely there's slightly more specific criteria than simply being DS in Blandford.

Can we just start our own rumours here?

If so I heard that techs will wear a lightning bolt (badge) on their twos to show how great we are....

Any other rumours?

When the new service dress comes in to replace No2 dress, you need to wear a name tape and a TRF.

And a woggle.

Jimima_Shark said:
Supervisor pay will begin on April 2007 and will be £15.01/day!
LOL. Just think more attractive continuance would be! Mind you we already have far too many people on continuance, doing 'jobs for the boys' and stopping promotion for the good guys and girls that are out there.

Rumour 1. All people serving on continuance will be re-capbadged with AGC badge, like MPGS.

Rumour 2. SOinC will release a policy later this year that all RQMS (Tech) posts will be no longer RD jobs but specifically for Tech Sup Specs on promotion to WO in trade.

Rumour 3. The Corps is about to announce a proper career progression for Lineys and EDs, rather than expecting them to change to RD wannabees as soon as they get to fullscrew.

Rumour 4. DCCIS to pay a bucketload of cash to get the mobile phone infrastructure improved in Blandford in an attempt to help engineer our comms!

Rumour 5. Princess Diana didn't die in that crash, she's working undercover with the Black Watch in Deepcut and is about to become the first badged SAS female.

PD

PoisonDwarf said:
Jimima_Shark said:

Rumour 5. Princess Diana didn't die in that crash, she's working undercover with the Black Watch in Deepcut and is about to become the first badged SAS female.

PD

Funny until you bought the death of Diana into it. She did die in a car crash.
D - ied
I - n
A -
N - asty
A- ccident.

PoisonDwarf said:
Rumour 3. The Corps is about to announce a proper career progression for Lineys and EDs, rather than expecting them to change to RD wannabees as soon as they get to fullscrew.

PD
That ones been doing the rounds for a few years now. I heard the term "Clerk Of Works, Royal Signals" used in a thread on here - although i suspect that was a definate attempt to get a rise out of the Royal Engineers.

Forgot to mention, heard a rumour t'other day. Aparantly Techs, Lineys, IS Engrs, ED's, Storemen, AS Ops,RS Ops, Spec Ops arnt worth it. Might have to start a few nonsense threads to find out.

boney_m said:
Forgot to mention, heard a rumour t'other day. Aparantly Techs, Lineys, IS Engrs, ED's, Storemen, AS Ops,RS Ops, Spec Ops arnt worth it. Might have to start a few nonsense threads to find out.
Getting outsourced to Paradigm are we?

I heard from a reliable source that the RAF are considering moving to baseball caps on sunny ops...

I heard a rumour the RSA weekend will end in a reenactment of the Corps finest moment....

The white helmets amazing collapsing pyramid. If you miss it just watch You've been framed, they're on most weeks.

PoisonDwarf said:
Jimima_Shark said:
LOL. Just think more attractive continuance would be! Mind you we already have far too many people on continuance, doing 'jobs for the boys' and stopping promotion for the good guys and girls that are out there.

PD
Complete cak as you know PD!! Continuance is ONLY granted if vacancies exist in that CEQ. Normally because the quality is not there to promote.

Before people start whining about the numbers of people on continuance perhaps they should look inwards first. If the cap fits....Why do think you never see an RD on continuance?

PS. I am not on continuance, before you ask!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Weapons, Equipment & Rations 2
W The Intelligence Cell 2
Pookie The Intelligence Cell 1