Rummy to China: Dont Be Threatening

But it also has much to gain, such as several hundred megatons of instant sunshine and an awful lot of glass topped parking lots.

The point of China's military buildup wouldn't appear to be to threaten the USA directly, but to make the US think twice before intervening in a regional conflict involving China and Taiwan, Korea, Japan, India, etc.

I'd agree with that, I think that's why they're content with a few ICBMs for token deterrence rather than a war-fighting quantity like the Soviet Union had.

i hope both side realise war is useless, there is no winners in a war only wasted economy and shattered lives.

semper said:
i hope both side realise war is useless, there is no winners in a war only wasted economy and shattered lives.
Now that's got to be a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

semper said:
Love the sentiment (I really do), semper, and I'm on your side all the way. But when the "dear leaders" decide it's time for the sound of their balls clanging to be heard, there's not much we little people can do about it. Shame, ain't it?

MsG

Bugsy7 said:
semper said:
Love the sentiment (I really do), semper, and I'm on your side all the way. But when the "dear leaders" decide it's time for the sound of their balls clanging to be heard, there's not much we little people can do about it. Shame, ain't it?

MsG
i know , i am a realist on that,

Military glory--that attractive rainbow, that rises in showers of blood--that serpent's eye, that charms to destroy...

~Abraham Lincoln
This says it all really
The war...was an unnecessary condition of affairs, and might have been avoided if forebearance and wisdom had been practiced on both sides.

~Robert E. Lee
and

It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood...War is hell.

~General William Tecumseh Sherman
war will never go away

semper said:
war will never go away!
With you on that one, bro. I really am!!!
Question is why???

MsG

Bugsy7 said:
semper said:
war will never go away!
With you on that one, bro. I really am!!!
Question is why???

MsG
Politicians and massive egos plus the nice feeling of balls clanging to feel super macho toward their mistresses when not servicing their wife.