RUM RATION (our RN / RM section) NEEDS HELP!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Good CO, May 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Not current affairs exactly, but my site so I'm allowed to bend the rules - if PtP lets me anyway.

Rum Ration needs some publicity. It's going well, has some good content and users and a very different flavour from ARRSE. It is still very low profile though and needs help to reach a wider audience, and just as importantly to get in the top 10 google results for 'Royal Navy' and 'Royal Marines' so that we don;t have to pay for adverts there all the time.

So please help if you are:

Anyone who can publish web (or paper) content; from newspapers and magazines through to blogs and wikis: If you're producing anything RN / RM related please consider mentioning Rum Ration. Even better, write an article about it!

Anyone who uses other military forums and can drop a quick word in, link in your signature or mention Rum Ration in some way. We don't mind people doing the same here within reason and I suspect most webmasters are the same.

Know anyone who fits the above description - please ask them for a favour!

Thanks for your help and after a few minutes of working out where you can help, I'll let you go back to proper current affairs.

(technical bit, for those that can help. The best thing is a link with the words 'Royal Navy' and or 'Royal Marines' in the ACTIVE part of the link.)
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Just done. Thanks for the pointer.
  3. Have passed details on to local naval ex-servicemen's groups (RNA, MNA, etc.). Will also mention it in next newspaper article that I do for local paper.

Hope this has some effect,

4. bump

Have added Rum Ration to the links page on my own military-related website, which is mostly about Service Voting.