Rum, for the drinking of

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Draft Dodger, Apr 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. got a mates birthday coming up and want to get him some decent rum (he's in the navy and seems to feel that he should live the stereotype). personally it all tastes like petrol to me so i thought i'd ask some of the piss soaked jakey's that seem to post on here for suggestions, so what should i buy?

• Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

You could go nuts and get some Austrian Stroh Rum...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pussers Red Label.

4. Buy him a bottle of Mount Gay, it's a drink, it's a piss-take, all in one neat package. It's actually very good. If you want a dark rum see if you can get hold of Myers, this used to form the black layer in a 'Green Jacket' I don't really know what it tastes like but if you mix it with equal measures of Green Chartreuse and Cherry Brandy, you will become uncommonly pissed.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Do they still have stocks in an army depot somewhere. I thought you could still be issued with rum in extreme circumstances.

Stacker...stackerwhere are youuuuu

6. Stacker has been banned.

7. Myers is fuckin LUSH!!! Not everywhere sells it but if you have an 'ethnic' area in your town lived in by those of a Jamaican bent it's usually findable! Its got a real treacly depth to it, really rich

• Like Like x 2
  8. Your friend might appreciate a bottle of St. Vincent Sunset VERY STRONG Rum - 84.5% Alcohol by volume, 75 centilitre bottle is only 58 Euros. Guaranteed to send him blind or alcohol poisoning if he drinks too much in one sitting. Mind you does make wonderful Babas..............

• Like Like x 2
  9. "What the fucks happened to my shoes?

There's no ******* toes on them?"

Dissaproving sniff, "That's when the bar staff carried you back to the room, last night with your feet dragging behind you......"

Definetely Mount Gay.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. If he's not a good mate get him a bottle of Bundaberg, 2 Aussies got me mullahed on that and it put me off rum for life!

11. Watson's Trawler Rum is pretty good in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  12. A few years ago, I knew dipso staff in Mexico City who'd kill for Appletons ....

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Agreed . Watson's Demerara nice too.

14. Captain Morgan's. or Lamb's Navy Rum (depending on which was cheaper) were the two rums issued in the RCN until the early 70's.