Ruling over violent Ardoyne parade given.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Jul 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The Parades Commission has said it regretted the need to issue a determination over a contentious Orange parade which erupted in violence two summers ago.

The determination came as the Police Ombudsman rejected a series of nationalist complaints about the police handling of disturbances in the Ardoyne on the Twelfth of July in 2004 <more>

I wonder if this years parade will pass of peacefully now that it's going ahead.(with no music, followers ect)
  2. Its amazing that you can have an Orange parade in Rossknowlagh, County Donegal with not a sign of trouble?
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I suppose that's because they are more tolerant down there,no press coverage (or Gerry & Martin!) & no PSNI to 'intimidate' the local community. Thank funk I'm not here for the 'Glorious Twelfth'!
  4. Tour of the North passed off with only minor incidents, thats normally a good indicator the 12th will be quiet. Although who can tell!!!
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Maybe it's the area being the top of the Shankill/Crumlin Roads that does it but if there's gonna be violence in Belfast,it's there!!!!!