rules on postings????

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by gaz-hell, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi ive just been posted into a new unit and im really not happy about it and i want posting anywhere but here. what are the rules regarding postings ive heard that you cant put a posting pref in till youve been at the unit 6 months is this true?what are the rules does anyone know ????
    :?

2. err stick it out? You did join the army!

3. If you have genuine reasons for posting, e.g child needs pecific care, seriously ill family member etc, then talk to your bosses. Some unit's/soldiers can phone MCM directly and enquire about postings. I've managed to short tour myself twice due to not being happy at the unit that i've been placed in, however I had to do at least a year.

I would stick it out as long as poss, once settled in it might not be so bad.
    PS. JPA has a preference part for postings now, why not fill that out, if a person is needed in a more important role, you might get the posting you want. :eek:

4. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

If you are AGC do not even think of doing this, you will land yourself in a whole world of sh1t! All AGC (SPS) personnel must go through the Bde chain in the first instance. Your SO2 SPS can ring AGC MCM Div but you most certainly cannot.

Why do you want a posting exactly? If it's simply a case of not liking the unit then you might just have to grin and bear it I'm afraid.

Having said that, check out the AGC MS website which shows upcoming vacancies and keep bugging the RAO.

5. Ask at your Unit HQ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.