Rule Number One.......No Poofters!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by GordonBrown, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gay couple turned away from B&B in Cookham

The couple drove back home after being refused to stay in the B&B
    A gay couple were turned away from a Berkshire guest house by the owner who said it was "against her convictions" for two men to share a bed.

Michael Black and John Morgan, from Brampton, Cambridgeshire, had booked a double room at the Swiss B&B, Terry's Lane, in Cookham, for Friday night.

When they arrived Susanne Wilkinson refused to let them stay.

She admitted she did turn the couple away because it was against her policy to accommodate same sex couples.

She said if we'd told her in advance she would have told us not to come

Michael Black
    The couple have now reported the matter to Thames Valley Police.

Under the Equality Act 2006 it is illegal to discriminate against people on the grounds of sexual orientation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8578787.stm

Anyone seen the keys for the big pink flamboyant outrage bus

2. Maybe her washing machine was broken and just didn't want poo on her bedsheets!

3. I hope someone tells these poofters the same thing

http://www.guyzhotel.com/

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I seem to recall that a similar case happened a few years ago. I may be a tad cynical but I wonder how much this couple will try to get in damages for hurt feelings. I would also not be surprised if the 'couple' knew of the land lady's views before booking.

5. It's sometimes hard to believe that we live in the 21st Century. Why should their sexuality even be a topic of conversation, let alone a reason to refuse them a room?

MsG

6. Good find Stacker.....is that in your fav's?

7. Perhaps she'd be better off having a ban on sodomy instead. A nice, non-sexuality-specific ban on sodomy.

8. Nah the view from the hotel isnt very go... I mean certainly not.

It does however show that they do have their own hotels that are out of bounds for straight people but I bet the police dont get many complaints because straight people don't want to stay there rather than throwing a hissy fit.

9. Funny that.

It's her house, she isnt a hotel and has a right to refuse anyone I would have thought.

I wonder what hurt more, having to find another hotel or the realisation that not everyone likes fudge packers?

10. How she going to police that Pinky inspection in the morning? Fnarr fnarr

11. Good for her. Th're lucky I'm not in charge of this world.

CTC

12. Looks like a nice place. I'd stay there, safe in the knowledge that the previous occupants hadn't been ******* or feltching each other!

13. Joking aside what business is it of anybody what other people do on their own time?

14. Most places ask for the names of the guests. I guessing they did not tell her it was Adam and Joe for the King Size four poster.
    But money is money so she should have just manned up and took one for the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.