Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ruining songs for good

And the heavy breathing these so called singers of today do, it’s awful, compare a modern song, I don’t know any I just get to suffer when my daughter is in the car with a classic singer of days gone by.
Just listen to the words, beautifully sung.

A bit of google-foo reveals that Judith Durham had a music degree and was a classically trained singer and pianist which is probably why she could actually sing.

One of the worst traits now is that "singers" these days, women especially, either develop and overly breathy technique or they are just encouraged to shout roughly in tune. There are some incredibly good singers out there (I would never class Adele in that category, she's an "in-tune-ish shouter") like Alicia Keys and even Jessie J (pity her songs are crap, but she can sing).

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A bit of google-foo reveals that Judith Durham had a music degree and was a classically trained singer and pianist which is probably why she could actually sing.

One of the worst traits now is that "singers" these days, women especially, either develop and overly breathy technique or they are just encouraged to shout roughly in tune. There are some incredibly good singers out there (I would never class Adele in that category, she's an "in-tune-ish shouter") like Alicia Keys and even Jessie J (pity her songs are crap, but she can sing).
I really must be out of it, I honestly have never heard of Jessie J, I’ve probably heard her but the name means nothing.

There are no words to describe how bad the Scissor Sisters version of Comfortably Numb is.

I think some crimes really do deserve the death penalty.

My ears!

I did watch to the end to see if he thanked the crowd for listening.

pc flaps

War Hero

Some of these are even worse than anything posted so far. No seriously, none of these are ever going to play Madison square garden or the Forum. You have been warned...

NSP

LE

Some of these are even worse than anything posted so far. No seriously, none of these are ever going to play Madison square garden or the Forum. You have been warned...
You sick bastard!! I've gone through a whole 100 unit pack of cotton buds dipped in bleach and I still can't get that racket out of my head!!!

And the heavy breathing these so called singers of today do, it’s awful, compare a modern song, I don’t know any I just get to suffer when my daughter is in the car with a classic singer of days gone by.
Just listen to the words, beautifully sung.

Superb recording techniques, and bizarely enough one of the few 60's singles my mum bought.

Mind you, the B side-remember that- was better: Open up them pearly gates...Ms Durham was in top gusset frothing mode that day.