Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ruining songs for good

Chef

LE
This was the blatant murder of an 80's classic by Taylor Swift. Made worse by the fact that Def Leppard not only thought that she could pull this off but then appeared on stage with her. My niece showed me this thinking I would be impressed with this butchering of the soundtrack to my teen years.

I have no words for how bad this is. Its basically ear rape. You have been warned.

I'd rather cut off my arm than be involved with Ms Swift artistically...oh.o_O

This was the blatant murder of an 80's classic by Taylor Swift. Made worse by the fact that Def Leppard not only thought that she could pull this off but then appeared on stage with her. My niece showed me this thinking I would be impressed with this butchering of the soundtrack to my teen years.

I have no words for how bad this is. Its basically ear rape. You have been warned.

If you want to murder a classic, this is how to do it....

Or this, but this was intentionally crap so probably doesn't count

Silksheen

Swinger
I can only imagine the Joe and boys put up with the vocal massacre of their classic by the thought of Ms Swift doing the ''3 Holer'' routine with them after the show

Probably a fair chance of that to be honest. She's been cocked more times than Davy Crockett's musket.

Plus, it would stop her singing.

Everyone wins.

Chef

LE
Totally agree, even trying to raunch it up there's something oddly sexless about her. At least it wasn't as bad as that Leona Lewis Whole Lotta Love cover.

Why do women try covering rock classics? Like female comedians trying to outdo the men they're uniformly bad.

On their own ground they're equally as good. Pat Benatar, Joan Jett among others. Female comediennes like Victoria Wood, Joan Rivers, brilliant! Stand fast Brand.

Heavy metal, skintight clothes, make up flowing blonde locks and that's just the blokes. Should be foolproof, I give you:

Why do women try covering rock classics? Like female comedians trying to outdo the men they're uniformly bad.

On their own ground they're equally as good. Pat Benatar, Joan Jett among others. Female comediennes like Victoria Wood, Joan Rivers, brilliant! Stand fast Brand.

Heavy metal, skintight clothes, make up flowing blonde locks and that's just the blokes. Should be foolproof, I give you:

I wouldn't say all all rock cover versions are bad, Heart seemed to have a good stab at a classic especially with Led Zep in the audience

Dear gods. I've been listening to some superb music today - ok, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and Arlo - and now I opened this thread.

You bastards.

Dear gods. I've been listening to some superb music today - ok, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and Arlo - and now I opened this thread.

You bastards.

We haven't even got onto the Crazy Frog cover versions yet

I always thought the Leona Lewis cover of Snow Patrol's "Run" was a waste of time and offered nothing better compared to the original.