Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ruining songs for good

DSJ

LE
Reading through the thread about Radio 2 and the levels of irritation levelled at various DJs, it struck me that there is no shortage of songs/tunes that can be very easily ruined for good when someone points something out about it.

Mine would be "Skyfall", sung by the then 'curvy' Adele. As a Bond theme I quite liked it, up to the point that I heard the London/estuary accent butchering the words in the chorus. She either can't or won't sing/enunciate the 'll' at the end of each line, turning it into:

Let the sky fawwwww,
When it crumbawwwwwws,
We will stand tawwwwwwwww
Face it aww together
At Skyfawwwwwwwwww
At Skyfawwwwwwwwww

What other songs can be instantly ruined with one observation?

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer

Chef

LE
Any of the current crop of slowed down covers being used on TV ads;

Mad world, Tears for fears
Born to be wild, Steppenwolf
We've only just begun, The Carpenters

Grrr!

Anything sung by Elvis Costello, Tom Waits, Billy Bragg etc.

Just because you can put a few rhyming couplets together and knock up a catchy chune does not give you the right to inflict your toneless crooning upon us.

Silksheen

Swinger
This was the blatant murder of an 80's classic by Taylor Swift. Made worse by the fact that Def Leppard not only thought that she could pull this off but then appeared on stage with her. My niece showed me this thinking I would be impressed with this butchering of the soundtrack to my teen years.

I have no words for how bad this is. Its basically ear rape. You have been warned.

This was the blatant murder of an 80's classic by Taylor Swift. Made worse by the fact that Def Leppard not only thought that she could pull this off but then appeared on stage with her. My niece showed me this thinking I would be impressed with this butchering of the soundtrack to my teen years.

I have no words for how bad this is. Its basically ear rape. You have been warned.

Christ that is grim. Are Def Leppard strapped for cash?

DSJ

LE

Kudos to the sound engineer who switched her auto-tune off. She is f***ing tone deaf.

Aye but it's Taylor Swift, she could sing the telephone directory and I could watch her.

Bob Upndown

War Hero

I can only imagine the Joe and boys put up with the vocal massacre of their classic by the thought of Ms Swift doing the ''3 Holer'' routine with them after the show

The only good thing is that she didn't sing it all and Def Leppard may now be heard some more.

Please without her.