Rugfest 2012

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by 570mils, May 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry Cernunnos it's not that sort of Rugfest, although from last year there was a bit on display in the tents after the beer tent closed.........

Ladies and Gents, it's that time of year and Rugfest approaches once again.

For those hermit types that exist in some cave in the wilds somewhere it is a Music event with Live bands and more importantly Beer..........It runs from Friday evening, 22 Jun 12 to Saturday Night 23 Jun 12 or until the beer is finally finished. It is a weekend of debauchery and Beer

On the 2011 event I believe there was 45 different beers available, approx 10 different ciders and some lager for the southerners........guinness was also available in the club house.

Even though it is listed as Rugfest it is name so purely because of the premises used, there is no rugby involved(sadly in my opinion).

It is very family friendly.

And for the serious drinkers amongst you there is space for camping to reduce time from accommodation to beer etc........

If in doubt about the event try the likes of CC-TA who knows of the event, and even an ugly bugger like him could get laid there

Oh and did I mention beer.......

Attached Files:

2. This a gay thing then?

3. Actually, I think you'll find CC didn't get laid there, but I had to fight one off with a shitty stick as I had the choice of 2.

Anyhow, it is a good crack. I thoroughly enjoyed it last year. I even won a prize in the raffle.

If I'm not in Afghanistan when it's on this year, I'll certainly try and be there. I might even take a tent this year!

4. If you do, give me a shout, but bring your arrse coin or you'll be buying.......

Can't miss me, the ugliest bastard at the party trying to make it all work......

5. Arrse, am committed to a preparation class in London for being a Godfather that weekend. I will make it one day!

If anyone wants something like this but that does have Rugby (of a sort) the International Fat Blokes Sevens is at Reading Abbey 20-22 Jul 12.

6. Come along next month, I am sure you will see plenty to keep you amused........

And there is Beer........

7. What, ALL weekend, Surely you could slip out for a few hours on the Friday evening........

And they do have beer........

8. The problem is I could see myself slipping out for a quck one & a wee listen to a band & find myself waking up in the ditch between the Firsts' pitch & the back pitches on Sunday morning :wink:

9. I am personally failing to spot a problem so far..........or are we afraid of the OH wrath if that transpires........

And they do have beer...............I might even stand you one if you do let go of the marital shackles for the evening

Oh and did I mention they have beer.......

10. It's the wrath of the mother of the child I'm being Godfather for that I fear most of all. The Plume family has also booked up a rare visit to some other family for the weekend too as concurrent activity!

11. I know, I met you last year. I drunk lots of beer with you and your OH. Then I was made to stay up until the kegs were empty. Nightmare.

12. I do recall very little arm twisting being involved for the staying up.........more beer this year, more bands, more of everything...........and tent space available for a select few......

Gents a shameless bump for the event but it was enjoyed by all who came, be brave and come and see for yourself, after all if a few arrse regulars like CC-TA and PA enjoyed it, you might too........

13. It was a good crack last year. I had a top time.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it this year also. Hopefully the psycho I nailed last time won't be able to make it.

14. Had a great time last year, and will be coming along this year as well. There was a cracking selection of beers, and some brilliant bands playing as well.

15. Then come make yourself know........PA knows who to look for just bring an arrse coin or pay the price.........i might even buy a beer for any arrser who comes, if they identify me! and PA you don't count ;-)