• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

Export version? This is what the Aussies are talking about getting. Longer barrel and no flash suppressor:

Ruger_Gunsite_Scout_Export.jpg

Don't hunt myself, but I was looking up info on living in Australia and strayed off, as you do!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The picatinny rail looks too far forward. When you plonk a scope on it, the eye relief will be all wrong, the rail should be over the action not mounted on the barrels.

Looks a bit gash to me.

I think it's tapped at the rear for conventional scope rings also.
It seems the forward rail is part of the whole (American) scout-rifle concept that enables both-eyes-open sighting, with a low power scope.
Apparently they do a 5 round mag for it as well.

It seems the magazines are Accuracy International pattern. Is that still a British company?
There you go: 1/10th of your way to a jungle carbine!
I can copy and paste with the best of 'em......
Ruger.JPG

5 round mag.

Attachments

The picatinny rail looks too far forward. When you plonk a scope on it, the eye relief will be all wrong, the rail should be over the action not mounted on the barrels.

Looks a bit gash to me.
It's a scout rifle , meant to be used with a long eye relief scope, hence the forward rail.

You can still mount a scope over the receiver in the usual place.

The US are obsessed with Jeff Cooper and his "scout rifle" concept, thinking its somehow original - apparently they haven't noted that just about every other nation on earth has used large quantities of bolt-action full bore carbines, dating back at least 120 years...

Parker Hale produced a .308 Scout Rifle in the 90's with a laminated stock and scope mounts. It had a short muzzle break.

Looked OK, kicked hard but that was about it.

Think when I have the money I get one of these once I get the variation. Al tough would have to stick with irons until I could efford an Eo Tech.

I love the idea that you can use it in close quarters and also use it to hunt deer.

The US are obsessed with Jeff Cooper and his "scout rifle" concept, thinking its somehow original - apparently they haven't noted that just about every other nation on earth has used large quantities of bolt-action full bore carbines, dating back at least 120 years...
To be fair, Cooper said he got the idea for the long eye relief scope mounting from the Kar98k with Zf41 scope.

Latest Threads