Ruger 10/22 Maglite Bracket

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Beerhunter, Dec 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have any experience of using a Mini-Maglite via a simple bracket on the 10/22.

I thought of using a a Fenix flashlight bike bracket. Any comments? (Bearing in mind that I have spare Mini-Maglites.)
  2. Thanks for that but its for rats in the garden, so I expect the ranges to be short.
  3. It'll work but maglights are crap for your intended use. No thumb switch so either on all the time scaring rats off or keep missing shots fiddling with the torch head, too dim so will need a decent size AO on your scope increasing PX error.
  4. Thanks for all the advice but I hope you will forgive me for saying that I was am not asking for the best gun/torch combo, just a way of connecting what I have for use as a garden gun.
  5. 4x-black-duct-tape-dt100bk-gaffa-cloth-50mmx25meter-443-p[ekm]180x180[ekm].jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Put a section of picatinny rail on the side of the stock then you can use any number of light/mount combos.
  7. In all seriousness you can get a cheap LED torch with tight focus for about £15 from a garage that will eclipse the maglite in every sense. Buy a pair of scope mounts, mount one upside down to the scope, screw the other one to it to make a figure 8. Clamp torch on and job is a good 'un.