Rugby World Cup - Bagpipe Ban

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by CavalryCaptain, Sep 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bagpipe ban winds up Scotland fans at RWC

Have they lost their minds?

(I see on the list of prohibited items are 'car parts' WTF, will I no longer be able to wave my 'intake manifold' to encourage the players?)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bagpipes are the European Vuvuzela- blown annoyingly by the European answer to Niggers.

3. If I'd have spent the cash to fly over to NZ, paid for a ticket to the match.....to find out that I was stood next to some cat-strangler....I'd go ******* spastic!

There's a time and a place for shite-pipes, and it's not stood in a crowded stand.

If they want to make a din, they should be given somewhere suitably away from the crowd to play; eg the car park.

4. No one wants to have to listen to some cats being strangled whilst they're trying to enjoy watching the scots scrape a win against another tier 3 nation.

5. Fixed for you! :wink:

• Like Like x 5
  6. That's my DaiPhone covered in post night shift cornflakes now you fooker.

7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Even though (contrary to the myth) Bagpipes have never been classed as a "Weapon of War" or banned, they are still bloody annoying. If I wanted to strangle a cat I'd do it myself.

8. I have heard they are banning Morris Dancers next

• Like Like x 2
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Right! That's you lot off my Christmas card list :crash:

even if you are right!

• Like Like x 4
  10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Ah come on Auld-yin!

I rather like the sound at 6" range. Perhaps I have built up an endurance over so many Mess nights!

Now where's that Facebook page....

11. Where's your hearing aid more like :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Not the NZ version they aren't.

13. Pardon

• Like Like x 1
  14. Badoom Tish

15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Aye, but for the full 80 mins, plus stoppage time, plus half time, plus the time before the game when everyone got there two hours early to have a good piss-up!!!! Been there/t shirt moment.

And I love the pipes, played well.

• Like Like x 1