Rugby World Cup - Bagpipe Ban

If I'd have spent the cash to fly over to NZ, paid for a ticket to the match.....to find out that I was stood next to some cat-strangler....I'd go ******* spastic!

There's a time and a place for shite-pipes, and it's not stood in a crowded stand.

If they want to make a din, they should be given somewhere suitably away from the crowd to play; eg the car park.

No one wants to have to listen to some cats being strangled whilst they're trying to enjoy watching the scots scrape a win against another tier 3 nation.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Even though (contrary to the myth) Bagpipes have never been classed as a "Weapon of War" or banned, they are still bloody annoying. If I wanted to strangle a cat I'd do it myself.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Right! That's you lot off my Christmas card list :crash:

even if you are right!

Ah come on Auld-yin!

I rather like the sound at 6" range. Perhaps I have built up an endurance over so many Mess nights!

Now where's that Facebook page....

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ah come on Auld-yin!

I rather like the sound at 6" range. Perhaps I have built up an endurance over so many Mess nights!

Now where's that Facebook page....
Aye, but for the full 80 mins, plus stoppage time, plus half time, plus the time before the game when everyone got there two hours early to have a good piss-up!!!! Been there/t shirt moment.

And I love the pipes, played well.

I have to agree Yin

A lone piper belting out" Flowers of the forest " makes the room a touch dusty but pipes played not so well for 80 minutes hmmm

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'm no fan of the Agony Bags either, but compared to the Maori Morris Dance I'd take them any day of the week. They should be allowed to play them in the grounds as long as those next to them don't complain about the din.

Right! That's you lot off my Christmas card list :crash:

even if you are right!

Don't rise to the bait A-Y. It's their seething envy, their knowledge and, deep down, their acceptance, that while Scotland is synonymous with the magnificent skirling pipes, their country's great contribution to martial music is ............. the bugle. Toot Toot.:)

Don't rise to the bait A-Y. It's their seething envy, their knowledge and, deep down, their acceptance, that while Scotland is synonymous with the magnificent skirling pipes, their country's great contribution to martial music is ............. the bugle. Toot Toot.:)

Bugle!!!!!!! Get off with you. These are their national instrument

ScreenShot.JPG

If I'd have spent the cash to fly over to NZ, paid for a ticket to the match.....to find out that I was stood next to some cat-strangler....I'd go ******* spastic!

There's a time and a place for shite-pipes, and it's not stood in a crowded stand.

If they want to make a din, they should be given somewhere suitably away from the crowd to play; eg the car park.

Couldn't agree more! I can't think of anything worse than trying to watch a match while having a moggie strangler in your ear. A truely truely dreadful ******* noise.