Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Rugby World Cup 2019 (RWC19)

That barman look unhappy.
Did he have a bet on OZ?

Morning @CaptainRidiculous,
Just re-read my original post. It's supposed to read Englishman, S.African and Irishman.

Meanwhile. An Englishman, a S.African and a Scots woman walk into a bar, looking for the Irishman and to watch the rugby and then the power went:mad:. Someone had to put 10p in the meter so got to see the end
Eta: 'Manual, nowhere to be seen :D

Attachments

• 20191019_161415.jpg
    20191019_161415.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
ENG v JPN clearly.... what competition have you been watching????? :rolleyes:
England were very good today. Especially their defensive work. On the showings of today’s games though I don’t think they’ll have quite enough to beat New Zealand. I’d expect it to be very close though. Would love to see Japan in the final mind you

And we saw how sh*t they are at Rugby.
Only good at rounders, netball and armoured rugby.
Which nobody else plays.

The U.S. never really had a rugby culture, despite all the immigrants. The same way it never really had a European Football culture, despite "soccer culture" in school etc.

It's slowly getting better though, a draw with England and Portugal is considered a win, going to the knockout stages was always good.

The key difference is NBA, NFL, MLB, NFL offer so much money, it's less of an incentive to go into sports like Rugby or Football.

The U.S. never really had a rugby culture, despite all the immigrants. The same way it never really had a European Football culture, despite "soccer culture" in school etc.

It's slowly getting better though, a draw with England and Portugal is considered a win, going to the knockout stages was always good.

The key difference is NBA, NFL, MLB, NFL offer so much money, it's less of an incentive to go into sports like Rugby or Football.
Just masturbatory - you end up playing with yourselves?

Morning All,
Managed to haggle beer as the sign went up :). No loss as rugby finished but Kabbadi final on.
Looks like it'll be beer in teapots for tomorrow's games

Attachments

• 20191019_180439.jpg
    20191019_180439.jpg
    791.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

But with a population of how many millions more than most of Europe put together and you struggled to put a half decent side...

I think England v New Zealand will be awesome. A clash of the titans.

I hope that Japan beat SA, but I think SA will shade that one. I would love to see a Wales v Japan semi.

As for the final. I would love to see Wales play England, with a Wales win. But I would worry that if England run out winners, no matter who they played and beat, we’d end up with the same interminable stuck record that we’ve had since Wendyball ‘66 and Rugby 2003. Which is endlessly tedious.

I think England v New Zealand will be awesome. A clash of the titans.

I hope that Japan beat SA, but I think SA will shade that one. I would love to see a Wales v Japan semi.

As for the final. I would love to see Wales play England, with a Wales win. But I would worry that if England run out winners, no matter who they played and beat, we’d end up with the same interminable stuck record that we’ve had since Wendyball ‘66 and Rugby 2003. Which is endlessly tedious.
Jealousy is such an ugly emotion ;)

But with a population of how many millions more than most of Europe put together and you struggled to put a half decent side...
Population doesn't really matter in the end -it's all about passion for a sport. Look at the All Blacks, they come from a nation of around 5 million, about half the size of London and they do well.

Someone else already answered my question in a sensible manner.....

You utter c**t!
If you had listened to the commentators more and stopped wobbling your head you may have learnt some of the phrases, like pass the ball, it's a ruck, hands off! So to repeat my answer, **** off!