Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Rugby World Cup 2019 (RWC19)

Aki switches to waterboy duties

Ireland centre Bundee Aki's World Cup is over after he was handed a three-match ban following his red card against Samoa on Sunday

Can’t really argue against it given the current guidelines. His tackle ticked off all the boxes for a red. Bad timing in his tackle rather than anything overly clumsy or malicious. From what has been reported even the Samoans recognised that and felt a degree of sympathy for this expected sanction.

Aki switches to waterboy duties

Ireland centre Bundee Aki's World Cup is over after he was handed a three-match ban following his red card against Samoa on Sunday

This was mentioned earlier and never replied.

If a player is injured, a replacement is called for from home.

What happens in his case?

Can he be replaced in the squad?

Is he allowed to help in waterboy type activities? Ie on the pitch?

injured players can be replaced in the squad but not banned players, don't kow if they can stay with the squad

Last edited:

I think he can be replaced from within the squad (Ringrose)
I hope he is allowed to stay with the camp for training.

Capture.JPG

:grin:

Yes, Association Football does attract more violence amongst supporters and spectators than Rugby. However to suggest, as you do that soccer attracts hooligans while rugby doesn’t is, at best a lazy assumption. The most basic google search brings up plenty of examples of violence and thuggery amongst spectators of rugby union. I have witnessed a full on bar brawl amongst pissed up rugby fans. I also attended the play off final between Sunderland and Charlton this year. Large numbers of fans from both clubs mingled happily enough beforehand in and around a couple of pubs in Marylebone and travelled on the tube to and from the game together. Not a sniff of bother.
There has been mass violence at rugby matches in the past. Legend has it that in 1890 (admittedly going back a bit) in Argentina, a fight broke out between players after 1 minute, after 2 minutes the ref gave up and joined in, the police were called shortly after and all players (except 1 winger who managed to run away) plus 2500 fans got nicked

There has been mass violence at rugby matches in the past. Legend has it that in 1890 (admittedly going back a bit) in Argentina, a fight broke out between players after 1 minute, after 2 minutes the ref gave up and joined in, the police were called shortly after and all players (except 1 winger who managed to run away) plus 2500 fans got nicked
The odd occasion you have to look for, not every time England football travel, I bet if you look you will find issues at cricket matches?