Rugby World Cup 2019 (RWC19)

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Excellent... if England win the RWC (as pleased as I will be to see a NH team take the WE Trophy home), the "yeah but you drew with France" line on my colleagues won't get old for ooo, about the next 4 years? :-D
To which my response would be "Even God could only force a draw against us"

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Excellent... if England win the RWC (as pleased as I will be to see a NH team take the WE Trophy home), the "yeah but you drew with France" line on my colleagues won't get old for ooo, about the next 4 years? :-D
Surely, you mean until the 6 Nations in 2020?

Reminds me fondly of a rugby game some decades ago.

We lost one of our players to a yellow card for clearing out a ruck with no arms and making contact to the head.

We lost another one of our players with concussion as it was his head that contact had been made with o_O
Turned up to A+E one afternoon to present my team mate for treatment having driven him there. Swelling round his face, giant flap of skin hanging off from his forehead, blood everywhere. Two of us stood in muddy rugby kit, his covered in blood “What happened?” Asked the nurse. “He booted me in the head coming in to help clear out”. Occasionally, after a few beers it gets brought up, near 20 years later. Almost always he still points out i was playing full back and there were probably 4-5 other teammates better placed to go into the ruck at the time. Not that he holds a grudge :p

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Also England haven't really been put under pressure yet. I was looking forward to a good test against the French.
Still at least Billy will be fit for the the whinging Wallabies.
I really hope the Scotland game is played. It has the potential to be a cracker, and the group is most definitely not decided yet.
I note you have just come up with the England team excuse when the Whinging Non-Poms beat you "We didn't have a proper run out against strong opposition!". :D ;)

Which will be a lot shorter time than some Scots supporters will spin the "We only got knocked out because of the weather" line.
Of course. Memories are long with us. Some are still smarting over Branxton. Not that we hold a grudge for long. What do you think we are? Scottish... Oh, hold on. Cancel last.

Kind of sucks though for those who have spent a tidy sum and months of planning to get out there and maybe only see their team play three times.

Ballsy statement from Parisse "I'm sure that if New Zealand needed five points to qualify maybe they would have found some alternative solutions". And quite right IMHO.

Maybe the RWC Committee should explain why the competition was set in Japan in Hurricane Season?

Typhoon season in Japan is the same as hurricane season in the Atlantic Basin; it runs from June 1 to Nov. 30.

Possibly the same mindset of those who have put the wendyball WC in the desert in Qatar .. snip wiki "Accusations of corruption have been made relating to how Qatar won the right to host the event. A FIFA internal investigation and report cleared Qatar of any wrongdoing, but the chief investigator Michael J. Garcia has since described FIFA's report on his inquiry as "materially incomplete and erroneous."

Ballsy statement from Parisse "I'm sure that if New Zealand needed five points to qualify maybe they would have found some alternative solutions". And quite right IMHO.
I feel sorry for the Italian team and their supporters, to an extent, although realistically does anyone think Italy was going to achieve a bonus point win against NZ?

just like England and France, NZ get extra recovery/preparation time before their next game, but that’s the extent of the effect the cancellation will have on the World Cup.
The Scotland v Japan game, now there’s a game the result of which is truly up in the air, and which really will make a difference as to who is going to go through.

Ballsy statement from Parisse "I'm sure that if New Zealand needed five points to qualify maybe they would have found some alternative solutions".
If New Zealand found themselves in a position needing 5 points to qualify for the QFs then the country would have disowned them anyway

Scotland reportedly planning to take legal action if their game is cancelled, to force the tournament organisers to reschedule the game. And there appears to be a suggestion that NZ were offered rescheduling but turned it down because they did not want to shorten the interval between their last pool game and their quarter final.

The last thing I want to see is legal action. The rules did seem fairly clear, however if that is true about NZ (If..) then that might muddy the waters a bit.

Of course. Memories are long with us. Some are still smarting over Branxton. Not that we hold a grudge for long. What do you think we are? Scottish... Oh, hold on. Cancel last.
I've always thought that "Flowers of the Forest" would be a more suitable pre-match song than "Flower of Scotland" since it's so much more likely to reflect the result ;) .

Scotland reportedly planning to take legal action if their game is cancelled, to force the tournament organisers to reschedule the game. And there appears to be a suggestion that NZ were offered rescheduling but turned it down because they did not want to shorten the interval between their last pool game and their quarter final.

The last thing I want to see is legal action. The rules did seem fairly clear, however if that is true about NZ (If..) then that might muddy the waters a bit.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
They're pished, they think this is Brexit.

Latest Threads