Rugby World Cup 2019 (RWC19)

Funny reading back through the Six Nations 2019 Thread. Wales doing enough to scrape by, each time they were either written off before each match ...or chastised after every win, simply as "the other team threw it away" or "the other team played poorly" or "what was Peyper on?".

I was just as guilty with a couple of my own pessimistic comments below too.

After Wales opener against France in the 6N:

After the Italy vs Wales game:

After the England vs France game:

After the Wales vs England game:

After the Scotland Wales game:

(even thought they ended up holding them down 25-0 for the 80 minutes)

I still think South Africa is due a win this time though, and I still think England are going to be in the final.
I quite like the idea of England winning the World Cup having beaten all four southern hemisphere sides.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I quite like the idea of England winning the World Cup having beaten the top four southern hemisphere sides.
No charge ;-)

Same could happen for Wales, although delete Argentina, insert Uruguay. Not quite the same I know, but we spanked them on their home turf twice recently anyway.

... Except I can't see Wales beating NZ somehow.

I quite like the idea of England winning the World Cup having beaten all four southern hemisphere sides.
It's one game and anything can happen. Sometimes, David really does beat Goliath. But the big lad is usually a safer bet. England have lost all but one of the last 16 games against the All Blacks.

It's one game and anything can happen. Sometimes, David really does beat Goliath. But the big lad is usually a safer bet. England have lost all but one of the last 16 games against the All Blacks.
They are due a win then.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I predict 17-17 at full-time going to sudden death.

No charge ;-)

Same could happen for Wales, although delete Argentina, insert Uruguay. Not quite the same I know, but we spanked them on their home turf twice recently anyway.

... Except I can't see Wales beating NZ somehow.
Or SA for that matter...

While I would love to see a England v Wales final I don't think it will be happening. SA will be looking to bulldozer Wales out of the game with their huge forwards and if Wales cannot combat that I think they will be overrun.

SA have made one change from last week, with Kolbe has been replaced by Sbu Nkosi because of an ankle injury.

South Africa: Le Roux; Nkosi, Am, De Allende, Mapimpi; Pollard, De Klerk; Mtawarira, Mbonambi, Malherbe, Etzebeth, De Jager, Kolisi (capt), Du Toit, Vermeulen.

Replacements: Marx, Kitschoff, Koch, Snyman, Mostert, Louw, H Jantjies, Steyn.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No rest for the wicked, Hogg is playing this weekend in English Premiership

Interested in Barrett at 6 for NZ, extra line out man possibly, otherwise it implies an intention to use weight early on and skill later [Cane from the bench].

Just got back from a sod of a day at work to see Liam Williams is out for the rest of the tournament, and they're still worried about Jonathan Davies. That's it. We're doomed. If we weren't before (and we probably were) then we certainly are now.

Oh bum!

Sorry, do you have a point to make @Boris_Johnson ? ;)
Yes - Wales get away with absolute murder with referees, and can rely on turning the ball over illegally to cover their other shortcomings.

A good drinking game for those who are driving would be to do a shot every time AWJ is on his feet when his hands are on the ball.

Not criticising of course, Farrell could learn a lot from AWJ. Especially with TCO refereeing on Saturday, sure to ping 'The ******* English' © at every opportunity.

No rest for the wicked, Hogg is playing this weekend in English Premiership
No surprise, he and the family moved down last Thursday and had first day doing medicals and intro's on Friday and then he was in the crowd last weekend.

Broke ground at back of Murrayfield for the new 7.800 stadium this week.

Just got back from a sod of a day at work to see Liam Williams is out for the rest of the tournament, and they're still worried about Jonathan Davies. That's it. We're doomed. If we weren't before (and we probably were) then we certainly are now.

Oh bum!
Oh dear , what a pity etc. If you say it to yourself you can even get the accent right. It's why major sporting sides can't just manage with a thin red line, you need depth to allow for injuries and a 'next man up' culture from those waiting on the sideline that that's what they are doing waiting, primed and ready.

It'll be fine. Just don't give the ball to your backs. It's not like SA's strength is in their pack or anything...
Errrr, their wingers are not too shabby either!

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT

Oh bum!
Might be a blessing in disguise. Leigh Halfpenny far more menacing to the Boks than bandy legged Williams.

On the flip side he's not been firing on all 4 cylinders since the concussion.

And he spells his name the girlie way.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads