Rugby World Cup 2019 (RWC19)

Club Swinger

War Hero
Now now ladies. Play nice.
Hear hear, dont want this thread turning into something like the Br....Bre e e...(can't even bring myself to say the word) thread, with all those shouty types ignoring the actual topic and just having a go at each other:crying:

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Sorry, do you have a point to make? ;)
I rarely have a point to make. :-}

It was just a question.

As for a team having to be on top of their game to beat NZ, we'll it's the World Cup. I don't think any team will be thinking "yeah easy match today boys, we'll just phone this one in..." Even the ABs.

And based on recent results I think NZ are going to have their hands full next weekend.

Ah well that is Ireland put back in their box, they came back a wee bit in the second but it was far too late.

Farewell to Joe Schmidt and Rory Best who are both really nice guys.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I rarely have a point to make. :-}

It was just a question.

As for a team having to be on top of their game to beat NZ, we'll it's the World Cup. I don't think any team will be thinking "yeah easy match today boys, we'll just phone this one in..." Even the ABs.

And based on recent results I think NZ are going to have their hands full next weekend.
I agree, any game against any team in the Semis is not easy but I think England have as good a chance as anybody, and probably more than most.

Well deserved win for New Zealand. Ireland didn’t bring their game. New Zealand did, and then some. Any of the remaining teams will really have to pull something out of the bag if they’re to stand a chance of winning this World Cup. All blacks and South Africa final?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Can't wait to see what excuses and sour grapery he comes out with.
England only played 3games and avoided France so fresher and injury free?

No sour grapes here.
England were put under all sorts of pressure today and barely gave away a penalty in the red zone. Ireland had two meaningful attacks and the AB's gave away at least 3 penalties a penalty try and a deserved yellow card.
I'm not saying England will win next week, but if you guys are under pressure you will give away penalties.

edited to add...as long as the ref has the balls to call them.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I agree, any game against any team in the Semis is not easy but I think England have as good a chance as anybody, and probably more than most.
In fact, if I was Eddie Jones right now I'd be thinking about the press conference and that way he likes to try and get into the heads of the other team coaches...

[Aussie Accent]... Yeah well although 46 points is impressive in a World Cup match, we put 57 past the same team for $hits and giggles a couple of months ago cobber... shrimp on the barbie, strewth, ya daaag etc[/Aussie Accent]

Totally disagree, the Irish penalty try was the only example in a otherwise brilliant game. And he paid the price one moment of impetuous play and the whole team are cheats...
Come on he put his heart on the line to defend his line.
Ref saw different and he was playing advantage from a previous infringement.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
No sour grapes here.
England were put under all sorts of pressure today and barely gave away a penalty in the red zone. Ireland had two meaningful attacks and the AB's gave away at least 3 penalties a penalty try and a deserved yellow card.
I'm not saying England will win next week, but if you guys are under pressure you will give away penalties.

edited to add...as long as the ref has the balls to call them.
Hopefully Owens will ref it. But I don't think he can having reffed this one.

Latest Threads