Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wow what a game!
A country and a language that very few people understand or respect. They even receive criticism for what they eat and their strange dress code!!!
A country and its population that has been battered by the extreme weather conditions.
A nation not known for its rugby .....
and now they have lost to Japan!
Now I know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that but I refer the Honourable Member to #2124.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Looking on the bright side, we can now get rid of Toony Tombola and give him his jotters and perhaps Finn Russell and Hogg can stop believing the press hype about them. Apart from his try and a fair few tackles, Russell was useless. Hogg couldn't tackle a fish supper and hasn't been able to for years.

ETA - Nice to see some more people popping into the thread, didn't you know the RWC has been going for a few weeks already :mrgreen:
Every time I raise my perception that Hogg can't tackle I am usually told either he can or that his attacking more than compensates for it.

I never find his attacking that great either as he starts from so deep, defences get a good chance to meet him and he rarely passes the gain line.

Scotland's first 6N of 2020 is against Ireland in Dublin, so I think that will be a hell of a game with Scotland having a point or two to make up!
Got to admire your optimism Yin, not 5 hours after being knocked out the RWC, you’re talking of next years 6 Nations!
We’ll let you alone with your thoughts as the 3 other home nations (don’t get out ya prams Irish supporters, term of endearment!) we keep our heads in the RWC, see you next year @Auld-Yin

I know it’s a case of one game at a time and England have a mountain to climb, Australia next and if we overcome the Aussies, it’s probably the Kiwi’s in the Semi’s but the prospect of an England v Wales final is a very very mouthwatering prospect, fantastic for World rugby and Northern Hemisphere Rugby especially! Wales have probably the best chance of a final place in history, France next and South Africa / Japan in the semi’s.

And just what exactly makes you think I actually buy Christmas Cards? :santa:

You bought a pack of 20 cards in 1913 and have eked them out every since.

Wow what a game!
A country and a language that very few people understand or respect. They even receive criticism for what they eat and their strange dress code!!!
A country and its population that has been battered by the extreme weather conditions.
A nation not known for its rugby .....
and now they have lost to Japan!
Is that you Goonz perhaps?;)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Fear not A-Y.

Wee nippy is off to court tomorrow to request a place in the quarter final regardless of the result.

And Jo Swinson is saying the Japanese didn't know what they were playing for so they will have to play again.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just to add insult to injury. Something I have posted has obviously triggered some cookie or algorithm somewhere as suddenly I am being bombarded with adverts about planning a trip to Japan!

IMG_6430.jpg

Badoom-tish...

And lo, from a period before any form of air travel, let alone jets.

'The idea of the Six Nations first began way back in 1883 when England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales competed in the Home Nations Championship. The first two years were dominated by England and Scotland before Wales came to the fore winning four titles between 1905 and 1909. When then the Home Nations ended in 1939 both Wales and Scotland racked up 11 championships each.

'Professional rugby, along with many other sports, took a back seat between 1940 and 1946 as World War II raged across Europe. When it returned in 1947, the Home Nations had evolved into the Five Nations as France were added into the mix. It took the French a few years to get into their stride, sharing their first title in 1954 with England and Wales.'

I had no idea that Rugby was professional in 1940 -1946.

Thought Jamie Ritchie got a bit too niggly and he was lucky the game was non-stop in Japan's advantage with no break in play as the TMO may otherwise have asked the ref to review some of his clearouts and 'afters'.
Agreed, and at that point it became clear that his frustration was fuel to the Japanese effort.

Scotland deserved to lose.........they are a poor team, badly led, with a raft of "precious" players who are nowhere near as good as they believe themselves to be.

Latest Threads