Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They did not mess about at the draw!
Group A interesting mix
Group B yawn
Group C The pool to watch. You feeling lucky England?
Group D Oz and Wales but Georgia could prove tricky.

Whipping boys yet to be decided but will Kenya score a scalp thats been waiting to come?

oldbaldy

LE
6441fcab-c067-48f7-90cd-9717cdb044ae.jpg

RWC 2019 draw just completed.

Pool A: Scotland, Japan, Ireland
Pool B: South Africa, Italy, NZ
Pool C:England, France, Argentina
Pool D: Australia, Wales, Georgia

There are two teams per pool to be added from the qualifiers.

I made this post in RWC15 by mistake so have moved it to here.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
If England have any chance at the RWC, they shouldn't be too concerned about that draw - the main worry will be how many injuries we pick up, particularly if Samoa join the party.

Pool A will be a procession for Ireland with the possibility of Japan giving Scotland a surprise, Pool B's a walkover for the top two and Pool D should be the same, although Georgia has the potential to get Welsh fans watching from behind the sofa if Wales misfire.

Scotland or Japan and France or Argentina seem to be the only questions this draw throws up.

Last edited:
I don't think England, if they keep this trajectory of improvement up, have much to worry about - the summer tour to Argentina will be very interesting, and we've beaten the French recently.

The Welsh will beat Georgia, but possibly at a cost as they play a very physical game. Oceania 1 is most likely going to be Fiji....

Pool B's a walkover for the top two .
Don't speak too soon - last time SA played Italy, in November, they lost.
SA rugby is going through a lot of transition, and there's going to be a huge amount of players leaving at the end of Super Rugby for Europe.
Who's have thought that Japan could beat SA last time out?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't speak too soon - last time SA played Italy, in November, they lost.
SA rugby is going through a lot of transition, and there's going to be a huge amount of players leaving at the end of Super Rugby for Europe.
Who's have thought that Japan could beat SA last time out?
The Six Nations showed that Italy's also going backwards and SA are my favourites because they're starting their decline from a higher base and rugby's still stronger in SA than in Italy.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We shall target the final and hopefully will actually make it out of the group stage!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
England Football Walt!
I have never been so insulted in my life. To be accused of trying to English and having anything to do with football. In the same sentence.

My second will be in touch with yours to arrange your forth coming demise in a duel.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I have never been so insulted in my life. To be accused of trying to English and having anything to do with football. In the same sentence.

My second will be in touch with yours to arrange your forth coming demise in a duel.
Is this wise? You're Scottish - in the event of a duel you're bound to come third.

Toughest group but if we have any pretentions of getting anywhere the final, we should be qualifying from the group. I think we've progressed sufficiently to get out of the group.

1/4 finals will be

Winners of Pool B would face runners up in Pool A

Winners of Pool C would face runners up in Pool D

Winners of Pool D would face runners up in Pool C

Winners of Pool A would face runners up in Pool B

Toughest group but if we have any pretentions of getting anywhere the final, we should be qualifying from the group. I think we've progressed sufficiently to get out of the group.
I really can't see a problem. All England have to do is beat the other 2 top tier nations, just like they did in 2015....

....oh, wait...hang on.

Seriously though, you are right. If France and Argentina are to good for us then we have no right to be eating at the top table.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Every group is a fecking "group of death" as every group is a involved in a knock out procedure and each group contains some one from 1-4, 5-8, and 9-12 in the world. All teams in pretty much every group are capable of winning individual matches.

But somehow, every tournament a certain team always seems to think that there's is the hardest to qualify from! Or at least the media do.

Latest Threads