Rugby World Cup 2015 ticket prices and fixtures

Official RWC 2015 Site

Prices and buying schedule up for the RWC 2015. So much for those cheap tickets that were promised, unless you're a kid (£15), with England's Twickenham games running from £315-75 for the nosebleeds. So far going to cost me £755 for the five group games I want (Cat B and C) and the fourth quarterfinal which I reckon will be South Africa vs England throw in beer money and travel and it's going to be well over a grand. Best start saving :(

Ticket prices are a joke, T.V beer and pub should sort it with funds left over for more beer.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Official RWC 2015 Site

Prices and buying schedule up for the RWC 2015. So much for those cheap tickets that were promised, unless you're a kid (£15), with England's Twickenham games running from £315-75 for the nosebleeds. So far going to cost me £755 for the five group games I want (Cat B and C) and the fourth quarterfinal which I reckon will be South Africa vs England throw in beer money and travel and it's going to be well over a grand. Best start saving :(
With Wales having won the group, I think Australia will have something to say about your assumption that England will be runners up in Group A. :razz:

Right, going to say what I've said on all the rugby boards.

It's the world's premier competition in a minority sport which has something of a reputation for attracting the attention of the "monied" and considerable corporate interest. What did you expect the price point to be?

At most categories they're within ten percent of what the IRFU were asking for the Autumn series in Lansdowne, I don't think you could realistically have expected them to be any lower.

How many of you have been to an international test in the UK or Ireland in the last ohh.. Eight years or so?
I've just paid out over a ton for me and the missus to watch Ireland/Italy in the 6N. From the cheap seats.
How much did you think RWC tickets were going to turn hands for?

How many of you have been to an international test in the UK or Ireland in the last ohh.. Eight years or so?
I've just paid out over a ton for me and the missus to watch Ireland/Italy in the 6N. From the cheap seats.
How much did you think RWC tickets were going to turn hands for?
I actually thought they'd be a bit more expensive than they are.

Right, going to say what I've said on all the rugby boards.

It's the world's premier competition in a minority sport which has something of a reputation for attracting the attention of the "monied" and considerable corporate interest. What did you expect the price point to be?

At most categories they're within ten percent of what the IRFU were asking for the Autumn series in Lansdowne, I don't think you could realistically have expected them to be any lower.
Was hoping for something slightly cheaper as I'm certain I remember reading somewhere last year about how tickets were going to be affordable so that both normal fans and neutrals could attend as they were hoping for a repeat of the 2003 boom in new players signing up after the tournament.
Still there's always the 2019 tournament in that heartland of rugby, Japan.

Was hoping for something slightly cheaper as I'm certain I remember reading somewhere last year about how tickets were going to be affordable so that both normal fans and neutrals could attend as they were hoping for a repeat of the 2003 boom in new players signing up after the tournament.
Still there's always the 2019 tournament in that heartland of rugby, Japan.
There's a difference between "affordable" and "cheap".

There's a difference between "affordable" and "cheap".
You and they have got me there, the bastards! Still I was hoping as an actual rugby player and club member that would have counted for something.

If I've read it right, there is. You get first pick of the tickets.

If you're prepared to travel outside the M25 it's cheaper. Kingsholm (Glos) has tix for £15 to £85. OK you won't get to see the top sides but the atmosphere's great and none of the ponciness of Twickenham.

If you're prepared to travel outside the M25 it's cheaper. Kingsholm (Glos) has tix for £15 to £85. OK you won't get to see the top sides but the atmosphere's great and none of the ponciness of Twickenham.
Sadly they'd balance out on terms of travel and or hotel stay

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Have to agree the prices are stupid.

Wales v Playoff winner for £175!!!

The expensive ticket for the Wales v France 6N Grand Slam game wasn't half that price.

I'm a WRU member and have been willing to pay the £60 for decent seats for the Autumns and would even think about the same for the 6N...but I can't afford that amount of money to watch Wales play a team who couldn't even win thier pool.

S_R

Have gotten four non-Twickenham tickets from my club's ballot. As I'm looking to stay in the South East reckon I'll take all four for Ireland v Italy as I doubt the other non Twickenham games I'm looking at going to (Samoa v USA, France v Romania, Ireland v Romania, South Africa v USA, South Africa v Asia 1 probably Japan) are likely to be sold out or even go to ballot.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rt-action-agency-new-agenda-party-rugby-union

Not sure if anyone else has picked this up, but it looks as if the Saffas may not be taking part..

I hope that the case gets bounced by the courts.
I particularly liked the bit about the Black Sports Minister being blamed by a money grabbing Black lawyer for not doing enough to integrate Black people into Rugby, when all they have done for the last fifteen years is focus on Soccer. A game that is played with an almost Religious fervour in the townships. They make Brazilians look like a Sunday pub team.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Fecking politics. The guy bringing the action says he wants to cut out bigotry, which I assume means he would be happy for the whole squad to be bleck!

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I just hope that the Saffa Courts bounce this higher than a very bouncy thing or the RWC will be a farce.