Rugby World Cup 07

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Obelix, Sep 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well it's a foregone conclusion that New Zealand are the favourites.

Questions are:

Will they choke (again)?

Who are 2nd favourites, France or South Africa?

Who are the dark horses? Australia, England, Ireland?

My take on the questions:

Yes, All Blacks will choke, Springboks will take it, and Australia will put in a magnificent performance to knock ABs out in the semis, just like '03...

8)

2. England haven't got it this time round.

Still make good viewing with a cold beer in hand though.

3. Yes, All Blacks will choke, Springboks will take it, and Australia will put in a magnificent performance to knock ABs out in the semis, just like '03...

8)[/quote]

hmm, I've got to agree, although France are a strange...One game they get thrashed and the next play fantastically so it's hard to say with them.
    Still a hope for England though, it's not a bad team just lacks that certain something me thinks.

4. I've got tickets to the South Africa game so as long as we put on a good showing there I'll be happy. not expecting us to get past the quarter final.

5. The All Blacks will beat France in the final. Australia haven't got what it takes and England, dark horses? Aye, pit ponies

6. My money is on France. Dark horses for me... Argentina.

I reckon there's going to be a fair amount of 10 man rugby this time around and no ones better at it than them.

7. Who's got there money on Wales???..not ferking me.

8. Why don't we all get pissed anyway!

9. i'll do what i always do and take it game by game. first game will be good with a beer and the lads at the '52.

10. Yip, France can definitely cause a few upsets if eerything comes together for them. Luckily that doesn't happen all that consistently...
    I see an Aus - NZ game in seifinal 1, with SA - Fra in semi 2. Really, anything can happen in any of those games. Aus has already beaten NZ this year.
    Loser of the SA - Eng pool match faces a very hard route through.

11. In all honesty the two strongest teams in the world are the All Blacks and their second 15. But France have momentum, are at home and that counts for a lot.

It will be a good tournament after the 100 + scores in the first round of matches are out of the way.

12. For me, IMHO, NZ will beat England in the final.